November 2023 Decluttering Club

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Thought I would put up the thread. Granted most probably won't get much done---but you never know what will be found while decorating!!!! Whether sitting out already or ornaments or wrappings or such when pulling stuff out to decorate.

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Was looking for a particular Christmas cd and realized I had several duplicates. I went through my entire collection, have a few for the thrift shop and I think 6 to give to my cousin.

Reactions: jampss and Lana

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
I have a small pile of clothing that will go.

We are also trying to get rid of lots of stuff before we sell although we might be doing the bulk of that in March.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Elliptical is finally out of here. DDIL wanted it but dh would not take it over saying they have already too much stuff in their house. told him it's either that or she buys a new one full price... I gave her the one I had. Never used it but had it for free too.

Small vaccum (from my parents that was here), sold on Marketplace but not sure it won't come back as the lady was saying tube was too short? duh it's like that. It's been 5 days... so crossing my fingers it's not coming back.

12 small tubes of paint givent to grandkids (came from mom's)
1 pan (but dh replaced it with a new one)
2 boxes expired cereals
2 boxes expired cookies
2 expired cans (1 gravy and 1 cranberry sauce... stuck in the back of the pantry shelf)
1 broken cup
1 broken dessert plate
1 pair of jeans
1 tupperware container

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I have 5 or 6 boxes of items that will go to the church 'garage sale' for November. It will free up some space in the spare room.
DS Christmas gifts are wrapped to take to him on Friday.

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
You all are doing so well!

I have this box of things to go donate sitting on the floor of the laundry room .... I just keep adding odds and ends to it. I'll check with my friend this week, I feel a thrift store is a plan for this week! Donate ... then go shop, but ... buy only if I really really need it. LOL

Reactions: Lana

Lori K

Premiere Member
Nov 13, 2018
Illinois
One bag already in the trunk, have a box to go through today (already in the garage, from my DM's cleanout last winter), and have a couple of other things set aside.

Gave away 2 pieces from the kitchen to a couple of Bible study friends -- one, an individual microwave cooker that I bought from Goodwill after being told how wonderful it worked, and it sat in the back of my cabinet, never used; the other was a new-in-box 9x13 pyrex pan with a wicker basket. Don't know where it came from or why I had it. Don't recall ever getting it, so out it went.

Listed a couple of boating items on my marina's web page, and posted a partially filled propane tank on my FB page, free to friends and family. If not, wil list all of these on Marketplace later this week. Stuff has gotta go!!!!

Anyone know anything about Texas Bicentennial boots??? Got a pair, was told they're valuable, but don't know anything else about them.

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
One bag already in the trunk, have a box to go through today (already in the garage, from my DM's cleanout last winter), and have a couple of other things set aside.

Gave away 2 pieces from the kitchen to a couple of Bible study friends -- one, an individual microwave cooker that I bought from Goodwill after being told how wonderful it worked, and it sat in the back of my cabinet, never used; the other was a new-in-box 9x13 pyrex pan with a wicker basket. Don't know where it came from or why I had it. Don't recall ever getting it, so out it went.

Listed a couple of boating items on my marina's web page, and posted a partially filled propane tank on my FB page, free to friends and family. If not, wil list all of these on Marketplace later this week. Stuff has gotta go!!!!

Anyone know anything about Texas Bicentennial boots??? Got a pair, was told they're valuable, but don't know anything else about them.
Your boots could be worth some money depending on condition and the maker. If they are Mahan’s , tony Lama or some of the other big boot makers I bet someone would buy them.

Lori K

Premiere Member
Nov 13, 2018
Illinois
Your boots could be worth some money depending on condition and the maker. If they are Mahan’s , tony Lama or some of the other big boot makers I bet someone would buy them.
I'll have to check them. My DF won them at some Association event, I believe. I don't have the original box, but they've been stored in boot "socks" ever since. He wore them a couple of times, but found them to be uncomfortable, so never really broken in. Thanks for the info.
EDIT to ADD Tony Lama's, men's size 9D. Sesquicentennial boots. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Lana and Ahorsesoul

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
Been tossing old makeup and odds and ends of stuff that is not worth selling or taking back to NY.

Also going through paper files and shredding.

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Old entryway pencil tree packed to go to the thrift shop. Husband bought me a new one last year after he repaired the lights the 2nd year in a row. Thought I might use it this year if the lights were still working. They are not so out the door it goes.

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
Five bags of donations to Airman's Attic; one bag of pillows for Humane society and two bags of garbage.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Have another box ready for the Thrift Store. Even Dh decluttered some clothes and boots.

Reactions: Lana and jampss

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
I have to organize my decluttering.

Not being home for several weeks and having to integrate things from our FL place into NY has made everything more cluttered than usual. And now away for Thanksgiving!!

Thank goodness I'll have a short break before our Hanukkah party to straighten things out.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
DS went through some books while he was here and got rid of quite a few. Now to organise to ship the rest to him.

Lori K

Premiere Member
Nov 13, 2018
Illinois
Will need space in the trunk tomorrow for DM's luggage. So, made that run to the thrift store's drop off zone. One full bag + a couple of over-size items donated. Out of sight, out of mind. :)

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Cleaning the dining room. Tidied my small desk that is in there and threw out some old pens, put some thank you note cards with the rest of the stationary and tossed some used up notebooks.