November Rudy Day

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

aggy

Santa's Elves
Oct 11, 2007
Baltimore, Maryland
I know Thanksgiving falls on what would be Rudy Day this month. I was just wondering, will anyone be celebrating Rudy Day on another day/weekend during the month of November? I think I will have a Rudy Day every weekend leading up to Thanksgiving.

This weekend I did some holiday shopping. I bought a few aluminum pans while there are plenty available. I also found two VHS tapes in Dollar Tree: Veggie Tales The Toy That Saved Christmas and Surviving Christmas (with Ben Affleck). I am going to watch them later tonight.

Christmaslvr

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
Sebastian, FL
I have Rudolph Day planned for Saturday the 27th. I will wrap my daughter's presents so that I don't have to worry about her seeing them when she comes home from college. I will also hopefully finish up making my cards.

This week I need to get to Dollar Tree for 2 or 3 rolls of wrapping paper and some stocking stuffers. I also want to start picking up ingredients for my baking.

I need to start seeing some things crossed off my lists!

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
November weekends will be devoted to Christmas. At least one whole weekend to decorating. And all gifts must be bought too.

Kim Loves Snow

Santa's Elves
Aug 3, 2008
Richmond, Virginia
From here on out, every day has the potential of having some Rudy thrown in!!!

Colleen in PA

Retire Member
Aug 20, 2008
Kim - that's the spirit!

I have several business trips between now and Dec 17th, so I really need to get as much as possible done next weekend (finish shopping, wrapping, get packages ready to mail). I will bake the first weekend of December with my mom & aunt. we will definitely be listening to Christmas music &/or watchuing some of our favorite holiday movies!!!

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
The day after Thanksgivning we're going to Estes Park for the Christmas festival and that weekend I'll probably start decorating. Guess that would count!

alisonmcg

Retire Member
May 2, 2008
Living in N Ireland we don't celebrate Thanksgiving but I'm thinking I might put out a few Christmas ornaments. I think I'll just have a relaxing day before we get into the season proper. I've made a lot of plans for days out and shopping trips. As this is our last Rudy Day of the year I just plan to enjoy it!

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
The entire week on Thanksgiving, I am off from work. That is the week that I do most of my decorating. Boxes come down from the attic, decorations go up, and the bulk of my major shopping gets done in that one week. So pretty much that whole week is Rudy Day...I just have a Rudy Week, minus Thanksgiving day.

Our shopping mall is about 50 miles from us. After dinner on Thanksgiving day, I clean up and we go to a hotel and spend the night so we can hit the sales early. I love the hustle and bustle of Christmas time.

I finish up the rest of my shopping by the beginning of December and enjoy Christmas.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Living in N Ireland we don't celebrate Thanksgiving

You certainly are welcome to celebrate with us. It could just be a nice day to give thanks for your family.

ChristmasRose

Retire Member
Oct 14, 2007
Almost at the end of my rope
Are you kidding?!? Every day from now until Christmas is Rudy Day for me!! I'm knitting a scarf for my mother that never seems to get any longer! It's a very fine silk and mohair -- don't know what I was thinking! Mid-November just seems to start snowballing toward Christmas. I have most of my shopping done, but I still have a lot of knitting and sewing to do. I think about Christmas all year long, but I'm still surprised when the snowball starts about RIGHT NOW! What is wrong with me? Why can't I get seriously down-to-business in January? Good luck to everyone!

jackfrosty

Santa's Elves
Little Elf-I just love your avatar-it always gives me such a cozy feeling! I'm in Canada too so no Thanksgiving celebration, already done. We hosted here and everyone really enjoyed it as the kids had lots of space to play, hence,(did I just type 'hence'?) anyway, this means everyone is coming here for Christmas too! I'm thrilled! Maybe I'll take the 25th to finalize all meal plans, linens, centrepieces etc. DH and his Dad are doing the cooking so I'm free to decorate! YAY!
:gingerbread:

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
HEY! WAIT A MINUTE! JACKFROSTY..... DID YOU JUST SAY THAT YOUR DH AND HIS DAD ARE DOING ALL THE COOKING FOR CHRISTMAS DINNER? OMG!!!!! THAT SOUNDS INCREDIBLE!!!

PLEASE.... MAY I HAVE MORE INFO???? DO THEY SHOP TOO? DO THEY COOK IN ADVANCE... AND ONLY ON THE DAY??? AND.... who cleans up? If other people clean up.... do they make a somewhat controlled mess? (I know ONE man who cooks on Christmas.... but he dirties every single pan, dish, utensil.... leaves a totally destroyed kitchen!

You realize that the idea of men cooking on Christmas Day is Pure Fantasy to many women!!!! Good for you for creating a happy environment where these men actually want to cook!!!!!