November Rudy Day

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
lol

I too wait impatiently to hear more about this little known phenomenon of men doing the cooking on a holiday! :)

Every day is a Rudolph Day for me now too!

Have been making shopping runs on my lunch hours to pick up toys on sale - late night trips to Meijer are including items on my holiday grocery list (non-perish) as well as a toy here and there.

Got a DVD of Home Alone last night for $5 - on sale for $6.99 and I had a $2 coupon - :)

I've got the shopping "itch" now...

jackfrosty

Santa's Elves
ROFL!:elf: I don't have a choice-he wants to do it! His Mom asked if we wanted to do something different for Christmas dinner this year and she was told in no uncertain terms that he and his father were doing it! They clean as they go and then the girls clean up after eating. It really is a sweet deal!
Oh- I got my online shopping done today! YAY!

Christmaslvr

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
Sebastian, FL
Hey my man does most of the cooking...all the time! Last year he did our turkey and sides and Christmas and New Year's Eve dinners! He has always loved to cook and one of his brothers is a chef. I don't mind most of the time, but I do miss cooking. I usually do sides and dessert.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
My DH cooks most of the time too. He enjoys it and is honestly a better cook than I am. He still will not tackle a Christmas meal though

Christmaslvr

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
Sebastian, FL
If Ken could cook holiday dinners on the grill he would! lol He's definitely a better cook than I am. I'm a good cook, but I learned from my mom...very um how do I put it...bland maybe? She used no seasonings at all! Sometimes I wish it was my mom that is Italian instead of my dad! lol

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
WOW! Well.... we all love delicious food!

I have four grandchildren.... and ONE of them absolutely LOVES food... and is a real gourmet! He is the thinnest of the chilldren... AND the most interested in food! He really enjoys eating... AND cooking!

I guess that interest in food/cooking is NOT restricted to women. Which makes sense!

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
I LOVE delicious food! I am VERY interested in food! In cooking... everything!!

BUT....... holiday meals are NOT about food to me. They are absolutely about PEOPLE! That said..... good food is wonderful! But water and a crust of bread..... with people I care about....... is what holiday meals are for me!

aggy

Santa's Elves
Oct 11, 2007
Baltimore, Maryland
I LOVE delicious food! I am VERY interested in food! In cooking... everything!!

BUT....... holiday meals are NOT about food to me. They are absolutely about PEOPLE! That said..... good food is wonderful! But water and a crust of bread..... with people I care about....... is what holiday meals are for me!

Love this statement.

aggy

Santa's Elves
Oct 11, 2007
Baltimore, Maryland
Was in Dollar Tree lunchtime and found some Christmas socks. I didn't get them because the lines were too long and they only had two cash registers open and the cashier at the line I was in was moving so slowly. I will try and go back tomorrow.

Farmermom4

Retire Member
Nov 1, 2007
Our holiday house in North Idaho
Did not keep up with my plans this year, life got away from me! Ordered one gift, and have some ideas, I need to kick it in gear in the next few week. Haven't decided if I want to put ALL my decor up or just enough to get by! I am waiting for some inspiration, maybe in the form of some snow soon?? I am definately thinking Christmas everyday now.

beccaw

Retire Member
Jul 22, 2009
I'm definitely doing a little each day from now until the end of the countdown. Hopefully by then I'll be all ready! Since we host Thanksgiving I won't get anything Christmas related done the day before or day of, but everyother day is fair game!