October 15th-21st 2023

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
A normal week for me, only working my two days defore doing extras the next few weeks. I did no HGP last week but am slightly ahead which is good. Am hoping to get one more room done this week if time allows. Cooler again this week, I will take it. Makes things easier for me to do the big jobs when it is cooler. As we head towards the end of October need to keep moving forward with plans so that we are as organised as can be.

Daily:
Water throughout day. Especially important as it heats up. Must also pack water when I go out
Shower/bath at night,
Moisturise, brush teeth, lip balm, hand cream
Clean kitchen and DW on before bed.
Read and sleep at reasonable time

Weekly:
*washing (X)(X)
*fold washing (X)
*vacuum floors (X)
*clean bathrooms (X)(X)
*meal planning (X)
*general tidy up (X)
*clean fridge/freezers (X)
*tidy pantry/stockpile (X)
*make work lunches (X)
*shopping list (fortnightly) (X) grocery shopping (fortnightly) (X)

Quarterly/Seasonal Goals:
September, October and November.....Spring :)

*Baking days leading up to Christmas....we have several scheduled ( )
*Continue with wrapping party dates (X)
*Christmas prep....focus on this ( )
*Target savings in bank ( ) Save for cruise. Have full payment by December.
*Review word of the year (X)
*Prepare garden( ) papers (X) emergency kits (X) for upcoming fire/storm season
*Start decluttering for move next year ( ) I have a plan for this at least, will ramp up during HGP
*House inspection September (X)
*Mini vacation to coast September (X)
*At least one no spend day/week per month (X)( )( )
*Annual Bathurst day October (X)
*Day light saving October (X) change smoke detector batteries (X)
*Ballet with DD, DSisL, Mum and I October ( )
*Organise Family get together for November 12th ( )
*Work Christmas picnic November 17th ( )
*LDC Lunch November 24th ( )
*Complete the HGP ( ) This is a must this year
*Start thinking ahead for Spring/Summer meals ( ) plans ( ) celebrations ( ) goals ( )

Extras:
Fun/Christmas prep:

*tidy gift closet (X)
*update planner (X)
*do something that is just for me ( )
*start/continue/finish one craft project (X)
*start/continue/finish one book/magazine (X) Goal for the year is to read 10. I have read 12
*continue looking for stocking fillers, gifts and supplies (X) Have wrapped for now, time to start thinking of ideas for 2024

This week:

*Connect with family via phone, email or text (X)
*Work Monday and Tuesday (X)
*At least one no tech night (X)
*HGP Spare rooms ( )
*Lunch with SISIL Friday (X)
*DD and DSIL 2nd Anniversary Saturday (X)
*Daytrip to farm Saturday (X)
*Walk with Harry (X)(X)(X)(X)( )

5 small chores:
*work on kid's books ( )

Word of the Year 2023: Progress

Last edited:
Reactions: jampss

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
I really like your lists. I have tried this year having a paper spiral bound notebook as my planner. Not sure I have loved using it. I seem to have the same things over and over each week and I'm tired of re-writing. I LOVED watching the planner YT videos, so cute and all ... but maybe not me. I'm too cheap to buy a planner. LOL And I think copy and pasting and then putting the X on here might work better for me. Hmmmmmm :)

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I really like your lists. I have tried this year having a paper spiral bound notebook as my planner. Not sure I have loved using it. I seem to have the same things over and over each week and I'm tired of re-writing. I LOVED watching the planner YT videos, so cute and all ... but maybe not me. I'm too cheap to buy a planner. LOL And I think copy and pasting and then putting the X on here might work better for me. Hmmmmmm :)
jampss - I use a notebook for my "brain dump" aka list making. Pen and paper help me to think better initially especially if I'm sitting in my favorite indoor or outdoor place. I use the computer for organizing those necessary but repeated tasks to keep me focused. I'm good with those "necessary but repeated tasks" such as clean the bathroom. Except when something interrupts that habit such as cleaning the bathroom, then I get sidetracked and can easily forget that I didn't do it. I use my planner to transfer each item on my to-do list to a specific day to do it. It it gets done, then I cross it off. If it doesn't get done, then I box it and move it to the next day on my planner. The boxing is a visual reminder of something that needs attention. Posting here helps keep me accountable and it is nice to read what others do for inspiration.
Water throughout day. Especially important as it heats up. Must also pack water when I go out
I feel like we've talked about this but in case we didn't, I keep a metal water bottle in the car with me when I'm out running errands in the heat. The metal keeps the water cold, I'm hydrated and I don't spend money on cold drinks.

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
A lot more leaves have turned colors this week. The dogwood tree is mostly red with red berries. The sassafras tree is turning a burgundy brown. The apple trees are turning yellow. I harvested 9 small white pumpkins and 1 medium orange pumpkin. These grew amongst my flower bed. The petunias are still flowering. I will let them be until they seem like they are done. I also grew a bunch of wildflowers and they are still going. I'll probably clean out that bed the same time I do the petunias.

Daily:
  • Exercise
  • Prayer
  • Calendar Review of Appointments/Meetings
  • Reading
  • Writing
  • Coffee Prep for the next day
  • Lunch Prep for the next day
  • Breakfast Prep for the next day

Weekly:
  • Outfit Planning for this week
  • Menu Planning for this week
  • Meal Prep for this week
  • Dust/Vacuum/Mop
  • Bills
  • Laundry
  • Groceries
  • End of Last Week Reflection
  • Set Research/Writing Goals
  • Weed Garden

Monthly:
  • Bedroom
  • Dust.
  • Vacuum.
  • Clean Windows.
  • Declutter room.
  • Shred papers.
HHP: Week 7 list

Last edited:

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I feel like we've talked about this but in case we didn't, I keep a metal water bottle in the car with me when I'm out running errands in the heat. The metal keeps the water cold, I'm hydrated and I don't spend money on cold drinks.
A great tip Mary. I hate spending money on bottled water when we go out! Such a waste of money and resources.
When I do my grocery list I make sure I pop my water bottle in the fridge so that I can take it with me. It is the impromptu outings that I need to remember to take water.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
My list rarely changes throughout the year. I thrive on routine and it makes me less anxious if I have things listed week by week.
My planner is my go to for everything. Mine is not expensive $7.00 ish from Kmart but for me it is an absolute must have. The way my brain is wired I need the visual lists.
I literally copy and paste my lists every week and edit as needed.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
It is the impromptu outings that I need to remember to take water.
Yes, exactly! I'm getting better with bringing water in the car but I often remember last minute and then I'm late.