October Declutter Club

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
I saw that Flylady's Focus for October is: Paper Clutter.

That's the clutter I have so I really want to focus on that this month!

What joy to just get rid of some paper. Magazines are a problem for me too.

What will you be working on this month?

Annie

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
ongoing in the basement and maybe my nemesis... the attic!

DawnSu

Premiere Member
Sep 8, 2008
Missouri
Like to begin in my shed this weekend. have to go car shopping sat am. o it may b the beginning of the week b4 i get to begin. but have to get it cleaned out as the shed is coming down in Dec. so i have to rejuvenated my storage bens.....when we built the new HUGE garage, I told hubby he has to make me storage bens in garage, so we dob't have to pay taxes on more than one building.... lol so he agree, as the shed has age in the last few years..... lol lol so that's my decluttering for October.

HouseElf

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Ontario, Canada
www.pinterest.com
I think paper breeds in my house! Where does it all come from ugh

The largest clutter hurdles are the basement, garage and attic - all my husbands domains. But he has promised to purge as he admitted most is just 'junk' :) That my friends is a huge leap forward!

I will continue to go through paper, including old books magazine paperwork in general and keep up on the stuff that comes into the house with a goal of only 'touch once' - shred, recycle or file it!

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
This coming Sat. is the last time for this yr. to take old electronics and such in. So hoping to move out some old printers, cordless phones. If not there then totally into the junk the following Thursday.

Hoping to work in shed and move some crap out this month.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Filed some papers today and purged while going through them. Threw out an old Easter plastic decoration. DH got rid of a FEW things downstairs.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
A neighbor called and wanted to have the pool stairs... only thing we had left... dh wanted to throw them out this week... I prefer tomake someone happy with them... they are now gone!

Pam Spaur

Premiere Member
Jul 17, 2008
Muncie, IN
Trying so hard to downsize some things. I collected snowmen and sewing baskets. I hate snow, but just love snowmen. They have such cute goofy faces! But I weeded it down to just a few snowmen and am taking two sewing baskets to quilt club. Every little bit helps, right?

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
Hubby is off this week and I have Friday and Saturday off. Would like to get everything out of the garage and put it back thoughtfully. He wants to get rid of clutter but it is hard to keep him going. I will back my car up to the garage and load as we make decisions.

We did get some electronic to the township 3rd annual Recycle O Rama event. That was nice.

DawnSu

Premiere Member
Sep 8, 2008
Missouri
Am helping hubby get things for roof this afyernoon then we r working in garage & what I don't think cab sell in one last sale. It's going to missions.. it's outta here. As I would tell hubby. Alot of mother's things r in garage. So i do have the help of hubby to get thru that...

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Read a blog the other day about "do we REALLY want other people to declutter OUR stuff if something happens to us.".. think not... so we better work on this real hard.

There is so much stuff in this house I would NOT want my kids to be stuck with getting rid of it all.

Cindylouwho

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
Read a blog the other day about "do we REALLY want other people to declutter OUR stuff if something happens to us.".. think not... so we better work on this real hard.

There is so much stuff in this house I would NOT want my kids to be stuck with getting rid of it all.

Oh yeah! With ya! I think about that all the time! We've had so much death around us in the last few years (we are at that age) it is very top of mind for me. I'm not even middle aged but feel like I could be hit by a bus at any second. I want stuff GONE.

Great stuff on FlyLady. Just read her October post on decluttering paper and I swear she wrote that post just for me. :) But I've got a system and regardless of how many trees the word throws at me, I think I am winning the paper war!

Little DS wants the new DS Super Mario game NOW. He's looking for ways to earn money. Thinking about pointing him to the garage. :)

DawnSu

Premiere Member
Sep 8, 2008
Missouri
That is what woke me up 3 yrs. Ago when my mother was first diagnosed w Lung Cancer. She didn't want me to have to deal with everything on my own. So she actually syarted decluttering after 30 yrs so then that inspired me to do more. Cuz what I had to do with her things I don't want my kids to have to do. So i have started a thing w a program called everplan. To where everything is down. Other than my normal.clutter that I have really thinned out in the last few years....
Great to know now...

hollybow

Retire Member
May 19, 2008
I hear you Cindy... I also want stuff to be gone... what started as a declutter action around the house ended up in an almost complet make-over... having space was a wonderful experience... so again tons of stuff has to go... this is going to be a mayor round-up in the whole house

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
So far every day I have added to the thrift store box in the kitchen. Today LC3 said her Dh thought having a declutter box in the kitchen would be a good idea.

teachermomof2

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 27, 2007
PA
I know we are to declutter our homes, but am have gotten rid of many things at school this week. I am still clearing out the last teacher's stuff from my drawers, but it is nice to get rid of it!

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
I did manage to fill 2 boxes and a grocery bag of stuff to take to Goodwill today. Super happy as usual. I was catching up with the HHP and was able to work in the laundry room and my craft area.

I think one of the best things, is getting that stuff out of the way asap. I get calls all the time to pick things up, but I do prefer to just drop it off. I guess it's more work,but then it's gone! I don't have a garage or anywhere to store it, so that probably plays into it alot.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
3 bags that had been full of stuff are gone with mom this weekend. She also wanted the old sewing machine and its table... so that's gone. breathing space in the guest room!