Olympics Crafting Challenge

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

CanadianJingles

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
A friend of mine and I are going to do crochetted afghans in February during the Olympics. She lives in Colorado and I'm in Canada; we thought it would be fun to do the same project at the same time. Sort of a remote stitch and ***** if you are familiar with those. We decided to make it a challenge to do during the Olympic games. The Olympics begin February 12 in Vancouver,BC, and last until February 28.

Because it's an Olympic project, I'm including chili red yarn in my afghan which is almost claret in colour. White is not very practical in my house with small kids so I opted to just have red instead of red and white.

Is anyone else doing an Olympic craft challenge? :)

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
CanadianJingles it's a great idea. Post pics when you finish.

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
I LOVE this idea! I'm an Olympics fanatic and spend MANY hours watching them on the TV. This is a GREAT way to get something done while enjoying the competition!

Annie

pattycakes

Retire Member
Nov 4, 2007
shutterbugsmd.blogspot.com
I may join you and your friend, if you don't mind. I have an afghan I started over the summer that I just can't get through, for some reason. I guess I'm not making it a priority. It's blue and off-white, so that's close enough to red, white and blue!

Great idea!

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
Hmmm. I was just looking up Olympic stuff online today. Thought I'd do a Lapbook with my DS6. I have an afghan I could do .......... think, think, think .....

Dreamer

Retire Member
Oct 29, 2007
Lawton, Oklahoma
I am doing an afghan a month for gifts but am not sure what colors the next one is in yet..I think it will be in Aran only, that or I'll do the purple one

CanadianJingles

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
I may join you and your friend, if you don't mind. I have an afghan I started over the summer that I just can't get through, for some reason. I guess I'm not making it a priority. It's blue and off-white, so that's close enough to red, white and blue!

Great idea!

Please feel free to join us.

And anyone who wants to join up, don't feel you have to do an afghan. Do whatever you feel will help you celebrate! :)

I will definitely post pictures!

CanadianJingles

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
We are on the eve of the Olympic torch being lit in Vancouver. The Olympics begin on Friday. Is anyone else doing an Olympics crafting challenging? Are you starting anything new?

Tonight, I will pack up my current scarf (which might be a 2010 Christmas gift) which I have plenty of time to finish and ready for my Olympic afghan. I will need to get out the first 3 balls of yarn and my big hook. :)

DebbiGall

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
LOL I finished 5 afghans last year for Christmas and got the last one done on December 22
But never finished one for my self. Still trying to decide on colors for mine I want it to match my living room I redecorated last year and every thing is totally different now. :D :D