PamelaG Christmas in July 2022 - Day Eight Put it on the Table - Christmas

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
My final post for Put it on the Table is a few tablescapes with Christmas themes and a few tips. I hope you enjoy it.

MHH CIJ 2022 Candy Cane.jpg

I love this candy cane-themed table. The candy cane pillar candles and votives really make it pop. Here's another example of using colored glassware and slipping something festive (in this case a candy cane) into a napkin ring to add to the design. Placing your candles on a mirror is also a great idea. I found poinsettia napkin holders like these in an after-Christmas sale at Bed, Bath and Beyond but you could make you own with some round rings (craft stores sell tiny grapevine wreaths) and small poinsettias cut from a garland.

Does anyone collect Department 56 village pieces or something similar? This is a great idea to use village pieces as your centerpiece. In this Christmas Vacation Griswold Family example, the tablescape is elevated with fun moose mugs.

MHH CIJ 2022 Griswold House.jpg

Several of you have mentioned that you prefer a buffet set-up to a traditional sit down at the table plan for holiday meals. You can adapt many tablescape ideas to decorate your buffet table or even kitchen island.

I have plain white china and over the years, I've gathered quite a collection of holiday (Christmas, Easter, Autumn, Patriotic) small plates similar to the ones shown above. The Santa plate is a fun addition to the place setting and you can often find these smaller plates at any Home Goods type stores or even your local craft store. They add a festive touch without having to go to the expense of storing a lot of extra dishes.

I mentioned that many stores have tablescapes during the holiday season that are a great source of ideas. During our time in Virginia there was a holiday Tour of Homes event that had a lot of great tablescapes - if you have something like this in your area, it's often linked to a charity fundraiser that's a great way to have a day or evening out to celebrate the holiday season. So not only does the Internet give us great ideas, but actually seeing tablescapes gives us another resource

Finally, I'll leave you with an example of a easy way to add a holiday touch to your table - you could even use this one if you're eating on a TV tray or at the kitchen bar - a festive napkin fold.

MHH CIJ 2022 Napkin Folding.jpg

I have several books on napkin folding but these days, you can find lots of ideas just by Googling Napkin Folds.

That's all for Put it on the Table - I hope you've found a little bit of inspiration to add a festive touch to your holiday table.

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
Beautiful!

Reactions: jampss

farmerswife

MHH Member
Oct 14, 2007
Central Wisconsin
My final post for Put it on the Table is a few tablescapes with Christmas themes and a few tips. I hope you enjoy it.

View attachment 1788

I love this candy cane-themed table. The candy cane pillar candles and votives really make it pop. Here's another example of using colored glassware and slipping something festive (in this case a candy cane) into a napkin ring to add to the design. Placing your candles on a mirror is also a great idea. I found poinsettia napkin holders like these in an after-Christmas sale at Bed, Bath and Beyond but you could make you own with some round rings (craft stores sell tiny grapevine wreaths) and small poinsettias cut from a garland.

Does anyone collect Department 56 village pieces or something similar? This is a great idea to use village pieces as your centerpiece. In this Christmas Vacation Griswold Family example, the tablescape is elevated with fun moose mugs.

View attachment 1789

Several of you have mentioned that you prefer a buffet set-up to a traditional sit down at the table plan for holiday meals. You can adapt many tablescape ideas to decorate your buffet table or even kitchen island.

I have plain white china and over the years, I've gathered quite a collection of holiday (Christmas, Easter, Autumn, Patriotic) small plates similar to the ones shown above. The Santa plate is a fun addition to the place setting and you can often find these smaller plates at any Home Goods type stores or even your local craft store. They add a festive touch without having to go to the expense of storing a lot of extra dishes.

I mentioned that many stores have tablescapes during the holiday season that are a great source of ideas. During our time in Virginia there was a holiday Tour of Homes event that had a lot of great tablescapes - if you have something like this in your area, it's often linked to a charity fundraiser that's a great way to have a day or evening out to celebrate the holiday season. So not only does the Internet give us great ideas, but actually seeing tablescapes gives us another resource

Finally, I'll leave you with an example of a easy way to add a holiday touch to your table - you could even use this one if you're eating on a TV tray or at the kitchen bar - a festive napkin fold.

View attachment 1790

I have several books on napkin folding but these days, you can find lots of ideas just by Googling Napkin Folds.

That's all for Put it on the Table - I hope you've found a little bit of inspiration to add a festive touch to your holiday table.
Love them all!

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
Amazing! So many many direction to go with a table decor.

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
So gorgeous! I'm drooling!
Thank you for the inspiration!

Lori K

Premiere Member
Nov 13, 2018
Illinois
Great ideas to incorporate for the holidays! Thanks so much for the inspiration!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Love the red walls and white trim....how perfect for Christmas decorating.

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
So inspiring! The candy cane theme makes me want to decorate for Christmas now! LOL The cute Santa plates are fun ... I like the idea of looking for small ones to place in the middle of the place setting and say put your appetizer on it. And plaid .... I LOVE red and green plaid for Christmas decor.

Thanks for all these great ideas. I'm ready to try this year!