Plans for Rudy Day--January 2008!

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

jackfrosty

Santa's Elves
But the plane would be a great place to work on your Christmas card list or peruse a Christmas book! Wear a Christmas pin and -voila! Rudy Day! Then you can always pick another substitute day to celebrate in ernest if need be! You're doing a good deed-and what could be more Christmassy than that? :love2:

FrostyShimmer

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
SparkleNana said:
You were thinking out loud on this board - trying to decide what to do in a difficult, painful situation. That is one of the many beautiful purposes that this group of friends can provide. I apologize -- I wasn't supportive. I broke the cardinal rule of this group. I didn't "hear" what you were saying - which is that these relatives are causing your family pain and you are trying to figure out the best way to deal with it in the future.

I will try to "listen" to what is going on in the heart of the writer more carefully.
:grouphug:

No need to apologize! I didn't think you weren't being supportive. I just realized I hadn't really explained the situation very well. Relationships with in-laws are always a little complicated, and I didn't make it clear that this was an unusual situation.

:bigsnow:

jkbb2

Retire Member
Oct 17, 2007
Thanks Jackfrosty! I just may wear my pin! the chistmas list is out of the question, Dad needs ALOT of watching! frankly, i don't know how my MIL does it all the time, but then again, she doesn't have teen boys! Thanks again, I will think of some way to enjoy the day! if in no other way then enjoying my FIL's company!

koalagirl

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
Texas
All right...I haven't forgotten about Rudy Day for January! I am going to work on my Christmas cards---and make my lists of people I want to give to--and lists of menus! Cookies/treats I want to bake--and especially when to start the actual prep for each of these things! I do have a calendar especially for all of my Christmas planning. I've been pretty busy getting ready for Valentine's to be honest.....anyway! I'm excited about this year...Happy Rudy Day Everyone!!

:party:

Basket

Retire Member
Dec 25, 2007
Northern Germany
I'm looking for some ideas for Christmas cards for 2008,
file the instructions and write my errand list.
I will renew my gift list, file the menue from 2007
and the cookie recipes we liked.
Also I´ll sort my Christmas photos from 2007 and
print only one site of the best photos today.
So you 'infect' me :lovestruck: with the Rudolph Day :rudolph: .

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I am up with a Christmas shirt on! Happy Rudy Day to all.

ChristmasMissy

Retire Member
Oct 29, 2007
Georgia
My first Rudy Day but first I have to run errands for myself and for work. THEN I will start on a few Christmas decisions:

1. Christmas Card list - who don't I keep in contact with anymore, who is new from '07, etc.
2. Gift list needs to be updated
3. Finally start a Christmas Notebook. (I finally have a need for one!! LOL)

That may be all I can get to today but if I have time I want to:
4. Look for a card idea and check to see if I have the supplies already
5. Decide on any crafts I want to make - for gifts and for home

Happy Rudy Day!
:rudolph:

Darcy

Retire Member
Jan 1, 2008
Happy Rudy Day to ALL!

I am so glad January is almost over. It has been terribly cold here lately. Today I woke up to a small skiff of snow on the driveway - AGAIN! :frown:

Today I plan to write a few notes to people who sent me Christmas cards. One is to someone who lives out of state. I had not realized her husband had passed away until I got her Christmas card. One is to my half sister who lives out of state. Another to my elderly uncle who lives out of state.

I will watch a Christmas show or movie sometime today.

We are in the midst of packing as our house is for sale. I have not started a gift closet as in past years, so no work to do on that. I refuse to pack my Christmas books - I think DH is puzzled/distraught at that. Hee hee!

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
:lol:
I am tipping my mug of coffee mixed with hot chocolate to all !!! I will keep skipping back to read the boards between:

taking care of a sick family member "heartstrings:
doing lots of errands
lots of laundry
driving another family member to an important appointment
paying some bills :cupid:
cooking, clening, etc. etc. - all the stuff of life

But at the end of the long cold January day I will dive into my collection of Christmas wrapping paper, ribbons, already bought gifts, to PLAY!!! I mean - to WORK on organizing them.
:jumpinghearts:

pkcrafty

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
Central Arkansas
So glad to have this forum! After planning to do "Rudy day" for several years, I'm finally going to make an effort to do it this year. I've made an alarm on my Palm for the 25th of each month with a list of things I hope to accomplish on each Rudy day. Today, it's cleaning out my 2007 holiday notebook and getting the 2008 ready to use!

:jumpinghearts:

Paula

holly-ivy

Retire Member
Oct 14, 2007
sunny California
Have my favorite Christmas socks and sweatshirt on, working on my Christmas notebook. This afternoon I'll have cocoa and a few cookies left over from the Christmas Cookie exchange (hidden in the freezer). Will also read There's Something About Christmas by Debbie Macomber in front of a roaring fire. :bigsnow:

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
Pray your husband is doing well, Ginger.

Basket

Retire Member
Dec 25, 2007
Northern Germany
Send a 'get well soon' from here to your hubby.

aggy

Santa's Elves
Oct 11, 2007
Baltimore, Maryland
I spent some time reorganizing my notebook. I have plenty of Christmas cards that I bought after the holidays. I also went through and pulled out some dessert recipies that I want to do this year that I didn't get around to last year. I had to work on Rudy Day but I did wear red and white to represent the day. When I got home I put on my reindeer sleepshirt and red/stripe Christmas socks.

Cathymac

Super Moderator
Oct 10, 2007
Arkansas-Go Razorbacks! Whoo Pig Sooie!
I had to attend a funeral so I didn't get anything done...worked this weekend and then did laundry! I'll catch up next month-still plenty of time!

I did manage to get to the library and get some craft books, so I'm making my next 11 Rudy day project lists!

Chrismaslady

Retire Member
Dec 29, 2007
I got my Christmas village put away and any stray decoration that need to be put away and the Christmas Card list updated and the gift closet organized and pick out the Christmas cards I want to make and got the material out to make a few. Watch the movie of the month and had tea in the Christmas mug I have a made a breakfast dish early this month and recorded that as one I will use for brunch on the the Days of Christmas. So I am on the way to a great series of Ruddy Days "heartstrings:

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
Wonderful, Christmaslady!!

I also wore my snow flake socks ... hmmm ... need to find a set of Christmas PJ's!

I made one new recipe. Woo Hoo

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
I am going to Bump This Thread Up --- so these ideas can help inspire us for Rudy Day 2010! What do you think? Are you looking forward to it?