Please Change Your Passwords!!!

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Jeff Westover

MHH Maintenance Dept.
Staff member
MHH Admin
Sep 7, 2009
Cache Valley, Utah
mymerrychristmas.com
All,

As you know we have recently suffered a hack. Our server continues to get pounded by hackers, trolls and spammers who want to all kinds of things to MHH.

We have recently upgraded to the latest version of the script running the site, installed several more security measures to lock things down, changed all of our own passwords for public and critical private areas of the site, all in an effort to secure things.

Can I ask that you all please change your own passwords to something that includes a symbol. Please try to avoid using common words like "password". A lot of these hackers are using dictionary words and hammering the server with login requests and trying YOUR usernames with easy passwords. Make it hard for them -- use a symbol or two in your passwords.

Please understand that because this is a public access area there is a degree of vulnerability that we have. Because you can type and post links we are exposed to those who try exploit that. This is not a new fight, just one that gets harder and harder all the time. Making sure YOUR account is secure is just as important as securing the admin areas of the site.

You can change your password in user control panel area of MHH.

I am requesting a password change now. If I continue to see a lot of of this kind of activity or a failure to use passwords that are strong enough I will be have to force a password change that nobody here is going to like (they will be almost impossible to remember because they will be computer generated). I don't want to do that. So please let's try and have everyone change their passwords first.

thanks,
Jeff

Colleen in PA

Retire Member
Aug 20, 2008
Jeff,

Thanks for all of your hard work! I changed my PW. Let's hope that helps!!!

Doodlebug

MHH Member
Jan 11, 2010
Oklahoma
Changed mine. Thanks!

girlsinmo

Premiere Member
Jan 1, 2008
MO
Done, changed..

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
Changed it!

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
will do it and write it down so I don't forget it. Thanks for working on this and keeping us safe.

Pam Spaur

Premiere Member
Jul 17, 2008
Muncie, IN
I did this earlier this afternoon. Thank you, Jeff!

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
Done!! Thanks for everything you do, Jeff.