Please Please watch this

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

DebbiGall

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
I have posted a utube message on my blog about the orphan act bill that is about to be passed
It concerns everybody thats does crafts and blogs about it!
If this bill passes they can take pictures of your children or your art work off of the net and use them in ads without your permission!

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
From my understanding (what I just read on the internet about this bill), a person can take a graphic or art and use it however they want if the graphic appears to be orphaned, meaning if they can't find or contact the copyright holder to ask permission. It seems the major concern here is with "unauthorized commercial use" of artist's work, not your everyday family photos. Basically a company could search the internet looking or a graphic to use in their ads and if they don't find the copyright holder (there's no requirement for how long you have to search), they can say it's orphaned and use it free and clear.

Just wanted to give a little bit of detailed information about what this bill really is. If you google Orphan Act Bill you'll pull up all sorts of information. This was just my take on what I read.