Question 7

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

HouseElf

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Ontario, Canada
www.pinterest.com
Well good Saturday to you! Today is our final question this week:

What would my ideal Christmas be like?

HouseElf

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Ontario, Canada
www.pinterest.com
For me, it's actually my 'bucket list' item.... spending Christmas in a Mountain cabin.

I would love to chop down a tree, attend Mass in a country Parish, roast chestnuts over a fire. It just all appeals to me, the crackling fire, a frozen pond to ice skate on, hills to sled down, and lots of beautiful snow!

I would be cooking dinner, as my husband chopped wood (something he likes to do :) ), the boys playing a board game and eating cookies.... and to make it truly a dream time, a happy Golden following my husband in and out of the cabin door!

chilli

Premiere Member
Dec 27, 2007
Austria - Europe
A perfect christmas is a day without stress, in peace and harmony with my family. Everyone should be healthy (eg DD spent last two (!!) Christmas eves in bed because she had a terrible cold) and we are thankful for having each other. We thank god, pray and think about those having problems.

Chilli

Winged One

Retire Member
Sep 2, 2008
Fluttering happily in the clouds!!
Lots of the Christmases we've had have been great. There have been plenty of stresses along the way some years.

My utter ideal Christmas is one where I can relax, the organizing is done in advance and has been shared, we've all had a chance to enjoy some social occasions (work and family gatherings but also things like carol concerts, theatre trips, and other cultural activities that are on), and we are all together, and relaxed, for the holidays. I would have DH, DD and I in either our house or a nice cosy house alone, but able to visit all the extended family on the day. Not have any rows (both sides of the family have opportunities every year!!) but just allow everyone to help get everything done and yet allow everyone a chance to relax in their own way and to catch up with everyone else (we are pretty scattered these days). And take time to remember the spiritual side of the holiday.

Truly ideal would include snow, open log fires, mulled wine, and lots of music. But MGM is not available to us normally..... :)

Colleen in PA

Retire Member
Aug 20, 2008
What would my ideal Christmas be like?

Christmas Eve mass...delicious dinner...good friends and family together...a light dusting of snow...and lots and lots of music and laughter.

Lolwlias

Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
Cadyville, NY
It's been many, many years since we've had a Christmas with all 8 children together. I'd love to have that again. (It's been many, many years since all 8 children have been together period. We did have 7 of them here for dd's wedding last year which was the closest we've come in more than 10 years.)