Random act of kindness printable & idea

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Last edited:

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Reading about these RAOK (random acts of kindness)... got me going.

I had 2 cookies for lunch & 1 gave one to coworker (she just LOVES sugar!) and she was very happy!

Then I went out and donated $5 to the 'infirmier de la rue', he's a nurse who takes care of the street people... 7 days a week 24 hours.. he used to do that after his work & spend all his $$ on the street people. Nowadays - since he has become known - some people give donations & the bank gave him an appartment, which he uses for the street people, to feed & take care of them. He makes his round of old (and sick) people who live all alone.. he is often the one who finds them when they die & he used to pay for the funerals from his own paycheck... now he has arrangements with a funeral home. He has met mother Theresa who said his aura is very bright. He is a small person, very effacing, very shy... all he wants is to take care of these people. He doesn't like the media attention but it did enable him to do what he wants without having another job, so now he accepts them but with difficulty.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Luludou...this is a really inspiring blog. I read through her 34 raok and some of them nearly had me in tears. I realise that I could probably be doing more in my community to help someone else to have a happy day. We do do a lot of donations around Christmas but never really give much thought throughout the rest of the year. I will have to think about it!

Pam Spaur

Premiere Member
Jul 17, 2008
Muncie, IN
Love this idea. The ideas mentioned in the blog I think are to inspire us to do our own, and I can hardly wait to do something for someone else. I will be the recipient: I will receive great joy by doing for someone else.

Lucie, thank you for sharing this with us.

teachermomof2

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 27, 2007
PA
Great ideas for giving to others throughout the year. Not very random if you plan it, but thoughtful nonetheless.

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
For me..... it inspires MY imagination to read lists of "random acts of kindness",..... it opens my mind to more possibilities. It is so much better to give -- or receive -- a "random act of kindness"..... rather than a "random act of meanness". I would like to increase them, if I can....