Running Out of Time!!

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lolwlias

Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
Cadyville, NY
I took on a second job. (What was I thinking???)
I don't know how I'll be able to physically handle 64 hours a week, but we'll see. LOL
I used to have a Christmas Club through my work, but when Curtis Lumber bought us out, the Christmas Club ended. I'm not used to not having that extra money. I've only just recently opened another, which will help me with next year. Yikes!!!
Actually, I love being in the stores at this time of year and all the hustle and bustle of the holidays. It'll be fun.

Lou

MHH Member
Oct 13, 2007
I'll be honest with you...my DH has introduced me to 'in season' shopping and you're both right --it is fun to be in the stores this time of year! Our experience has been that as it gets closer to Christmas the sales are great! This works for us nearly empty nesters! It really puts DH in a festive mood!!! So, of course, I'm all for that.

Do what you can and don't hesitate to pare down to what you can reasonably manage. Delegate or eliminate. Often (although not always) people are very understanding if things have to change for you. Sometimes people are in the same boat and they're relieved to find out you want to eliminate or cut back on certain gifts, parties, outings, etc.

The most important thing is to enjoy the seaon not be burned out.

Enjoy!

Farmermom4

Retire Member
Nov 1, 2007
Our holiday house in North Idaho
I did not follow any of the countdowns this year except for the Thanksgiving one, which was great!! So I will just have to kick it in high gear after T-Day. Most of my shopping is done, and if I pare down the decorating, instead of a tree in everyroom and tons of decorations, if I only do what is manageable in a week, I will be fine.
Who knows, my thoughts may all change on Friday :haha:
I may decide to pull all the decorations out and just go for it, I like the decorating part, but i hate to take everything down and reorganize in the boxes for next year. Oh well, we'll see...

Toni