Saving Money @Starbucks

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Good article!

I just recently registered a Starbucks gift card I got for my birthday and I have been charging it up and using it every time I go - which is only about 2 x's a week - but that will add up over time!

After you use your card 5 times you start to get free refills in store or free syrups for your drinks. Then after 30 times you get a free beverage every 15 trips.

Obviously we are talking high visit numbers here, but for someone like me that is going to go at least 2 times a week anyway - over the year I will get the benefit out of it.

Plus there is a free beverage on your birthday and if you buy a lb of coffee you get a free beverage - which will be nice when I purchase some coffee for Christmas gifts. :)

Overall, it is going to be worth it for me!

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
As a gift idea-
Did you know you can go to their website and design your own gift card?

It's user friendly- you pick back grounds, fonts, colors, pictures- that type of thing.

I made one for my sister that had a girl looking like her, in the mountains, with a hot drink. And then I added a message to it saying: Take time for the little things.

Then, like Aunt Jamelle said- the recipient can register their card online and get things like free syrups, and a free drink on their birthday.

HouseElf

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Ontario, Canada
www.pinterest.com
Great ideas!! My husband loves Starbucks when he is travelling for work.

Colleen in PA

Retire Member
Aug 20, 2008
My DH loves their iced coffee...he also loves the new system and is constantly receiving postcards for a "Free Drink" (every 15). I recommend it.

ChristmasCheerSpredr

Retire Member
Oct 29, 2007
owosso michigan
I saw the cards on display but wasn't sure if you had to buy into their discount card club like Barnes and Noble. I don't like that- $25.00 to be a part of the barnes and noble "discount club" or whatever its called, as I don't feel that I will get my moneys worth out of it.

BUT- if the Startbucks one is free I know where I will be stopping on my way to school on Monday! lol