Sept 1st Question Week

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

housewife2

Premiere Member
Aug 3, 2008
va
i cleaned front porch. put out some fall. cleaned and vacumed out front room/

Kim Loves Snow

Santa's Elves
Aug 3, 2008
Richmond, Virginia
I have a very healthy list this week but most of it is not time consuming. Hope to post it here later!

How did everyone do with week one?

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
Were doing our patio entry work tomorrow still, so ill be back with my living room list.

Tasha

Retire Member
Dec 29, 2007
Arkansas
I did pretty well week 1, got most of what I wanted accomplished.

Plan this week is mostly just clean, clean, clean. I do need to fix a couple of spots in the living room walls, we've been remodeling and they can get dinged up.

Kim Loves Snow

Santa's Elves
Aug 3, 2008
Richmond, Virginia
Hello everyone! How is your week going? Thanks for checking in Tasha! Remodeling can certainly cause a mess before you get to the end result! How much remodeling are you doing?

I'm about halfway through my list. I need to get my vacuum back from the old house so I can vacuum the couch cushions and curtains. I also need to organize our office nook that is just off the living room. It is currently a catch all space!

goodelf

Retire Member
Dec 31, 2007
I've done okay this week, I completed most of the tasks on my list. I have less on next week's list so I'll carry it over.

FrostyShimmer

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
Eeek....it's only September, how can I already be behind. Guess I have two weeks to catch up on!

aggy

Santa's Elves
Oct 11, 2007
Baltimore, Maryland
I did pretty well week 1, got most of what I wanted accomplished.

Plan this week is mostly just clean, clean, clean. I do need to fix a couple of spots in the living room walls, we've been remodeling and they can get dinged up.

Tash I just went through the same thing. But in the end your place will be beautiful. Especially at Christmas.

ejagno

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Aug 31, 2010
SW Louisiana
When the HGP hits I start out tackling the world from ceiling to floors and I don't stop until every little thing is repaired, spotless, decorated & organized. The problem with this is that there isn't enough time to jump into major projects in each room before the next starts. My mind knows this but once I get started I want to see the ideal end result. The actual end result is that you have several rooms torn to shreds at one time thinking that next week you can get back to it and finish up.

I'm running into a major mental block here. I started on my office/creative space which was under construction. I havent' even finished painting let alone organizing everything into the new location, so my stuff is scattered across the diningroom table, old office and new. I began my front porch with everyone but new handrails and such needed painting so a little sprucing up turned into a major job. My front porch still isn't finished and I moved on to my living room to keep up. More major projects in this room. A major decluttering of DH's collectibles has left my kitchen counters full of stuff to be cleaned before relocating or storing. In other words my office puked in my dining room and my living room puked in my kitchen. As the week comes to an end I can't see allowing yet another room left unfinished.

I do hope everyone else has had more success so far. I hope to be back on track soon.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Ellen before starting another room, finish one of the others... that'll bring you a smile. A completed room is fantastic! and there must be a week where a room you don't have is called for (example basement), use that week to finish another room. You are still doing GREAT

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
ejagno - I feel your pain!!! I have had a rough start to the HGP this year myself! Mine is more due to illness, stress and other factors than jumping in as deeply as you have.

Are there any weeks on the HGP that are "free" for you because you don't have that space? Or won't tackle it? You could always use the coming week to finish up with the areas currently in need, and then use the "free" week down the line to catch up on next week's "assigned" task of Master Bedroom.

One thing I try to repeat to myself when I have areas/rooms torn apart during efforts like this is "It always gets a lot worse before it gets better!" I try to focus on how it will all pull together in the end - but it can really get overwhelming when you are right in the middle! ((hugs))

As for me, I have done next to nothing for HGP or crafting these past two weeks and I am going to try and just accept that and move on!

I'm feeling better again, so I hope to have more energy to tackle extra tasks!

dreamto

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
Ellen,
I know exactly how you feel. Some rooms take more than one week.

Not all of us stay on track with the rest of the group. I started with the kitchen because it was driving me crazy. I emptied all of my cabinets onto my counter tops and table and it was horrible. I had no room for anything and had an awful time trying to cook in there. I kept loading cabinets and unloading them again until I found good spots for everything. (Now I cant remember where everything is at LOL). It took me 2 weeks to get it finished.

I scheduled my front porch for this week and life intervened and I didn't get as much done as I wanted. So I will just fit it in when I can.

Give yourself permission to go off track and if you need 2 weeks then take it. Be flexible. The object is to help us get ready and not to burden us with goals that cant be met.

I hope it gets better for you. :)