September declutter club

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

aggy

Santa's Elves
Oct 11, 2007
Baltimore, Maryland
I decluttered the armoire in the livingroom. Once I got rid of the old tv I sort of started just throwing things in there to get out of site.

Now I have all the board games on the top shelf, my comforters on the bottom shelf and my movies in the bottom two drawers. I wish my comforters coordinated. It would be fun to display them. I got that idea on an old HGTV program. The lady had the most beautiful throws she displayed in her armoire. She had one door closed and the other was open with a pretty wreath hanging on it.

My next project is to go through the mail that I've let accumulate in the foyer. They're stacked neatly in a little nook area of the table but some of that mail has been there for quite a while. :eek:

Cindylouwho

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
Yesterday I decluttered the big pile of bins and campgear that has been sitting in my Master Closet and helped it on its journey to its rightful spot in the attic - which is just about finished being reorganized back to its useful self. Now I can access my Christmas boxes.

A few big boxes also removed to "leave the building" and are now occupying the recently cleared mudroom/launch pad space. I swear -- it's like a game of Bejeweled in there!

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
So true about it being like Bejeweled.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Yesterday I moved out a wicker basket that I had in my front room that I had stored some of Carol Durvalls craft tapes in that we had recorded, some of the wicker paper plates holders and then Allen got down several different geese/duck items that were up above our kitchen cabinets. I never really collected any of them but somehow with gifts over the years I got them. They sat up there and collect grease and dirt. I ran them all thru the dishwasher and even 3 or 4 wood items. Will take them to the auction.

Have milk bottles up there that are in need of a good washing too.

I think I might move out my electric typewriter and the big old VHS recorder.

Cindylouwho

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
A good chunk of items in my bedroom and bathroom cabinets. Gone! (I even let go of my 15-year old scrunchies that I haven't worn in years! The expensive ones. That was hard!) Telling myself it will make room for the next hair fashion item.

In the office, I scanned a half-box of binders into Evernote and tossed several more into the trash.

Winged One

Retire Member
Sep 2, 2008
Fluttering happily in the clouds!!
It sure seems like there is a lot of stuff getting decluttered at the moment. Congratulations everyone!

I went through the 2 first aid boxes and got rid of 2 grocery bags of expired meds and bandages that had seen better days (I have plenty that are still good). And I have 2 large bags of DD's clothes to give to cousins, along with a bag of books and another of dvds and cds that DD no longer watches/listens to (like nursery rhymes or young child cartoons) that she also wants to give to her 2 sets of cousins.

I am making progress here. Not enough, but some, which is better than none! :)

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Cleared out a drawer in the downstairs bathroom. Threw out half of the items in there! :) :)
Looks much nicer!

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
decluttered the last 2 drawers in basement bathroom... did not throw away as much as I would've liked :( ... but every bit counts!

Winged One

Retire Member
Sep 2, 2008
Fluttering happily in the clouds!!
I managed to persuade DD to dump the old rubber ducks and dogs from her bath toys bag last night. It may not be an entirely successful declutter, as I really don't rule out having to replace them - but I may not, and at least the new ones will be clean inside as well as out.

And got rid of another small bag of old clothes to goodwill, and threw out a pair of shoes that I love but the soles really had gone (and cannot be replaced).

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I cleaned several cabinets in the kitchen. One I tossed half the items in it. I have a whole box for the thrift store.