Should I have a brunch, or just take it easy?

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Should I have a brunch on Sunday?

I have mentioned that my husband doesn't like to entertain as often as I do.
Well, my husband is set up to play golf on Sunday.

So, that would be a great time to have a brunch for a bunch of neighbors and friends.

However -- it is predicted to rain on Sunday.
If it does rain, golf will be cancelled.
But - my husband said he would be happy to go to Barnes & Noble on Sunday to escape the brunch. (He REALLY does not like to entertain much.)
But - do I want to drive him out?

Another thing -- we are going to a Passover Dinner on Saturday night. So I will be kind of tired on Sunday morning. But, I could prepare for the brunch in advance. It would be self-serve and casual.
I don't know what to do.

What do you think? :rain:

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
My thought is, if you have to think about it, you should just take it easy this week. There will be other golf days when you can have brunch.

Both of you sleep late, then go to Barnes and Noble, to the golf store and out to brunch together Sunday.

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Ahorsesoul ---- I LOVE YOUR ADVICE!!!!!!!

Yes!!! That sounds exactly right and great to me! I will do it. And I am happy and grateful that you sent this message.

No entertaining on Sunday for me!!!!!!
:party:

teachermomof2

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 27, 2007
PA
I agree...take it easy! Enjoy Sunday with your dh.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Thanks, I hope you have a wonderful weekend.

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
It is raining like mad this morning. I am really really really happy that I am NOT having a brunch today.

The dinner lasted until 11:00 last night, and I helped with clean-up. Plus, we took a long walk yesterday morning -- really challenging ourselves physically. So it is DELICIOUS not to have to do anything big today!!!

I think this is a thoughtful and wise group, giving good advice.

I am really going to try to figure out easy easy easy entertaining. I do want people to have a good time, but easy and not expensive is what I want. :pink: