So glad I found this forum!

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

mrskringle

MHH Member
Jul 26, 2023
USA
Hi there! I am so glad to be here. I'm an almost empty nester, so I have lots of time to devote to making the holidays Magical for my family. Years ago, I was on the other Christmas countdown forum, and it was so fun and encouraging. I'm looking forward to the motivation I know I'll get from being here and preparing for the holidays alongside all of you.

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
Welcome, I am from IL and have been an empty nester for about 5 years. I look forward to the holidays as we can get the entire family together. 2 of 4 children live out of state.

Take a look through the forum and you'll find lots of info to help you make it Magical.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Welcome! I'm from Quebec, Canada 2 children, 2 grandchildren, 2 step-granchildren. Getting more complicated for the Holidays but we are trying to have new traditions.

Lori K

Premiere Member
Nov 13, 2018
Illinois
Welcome from greater Chicagoland -- southwest suburban Chicago, to be more specific. DMom of 1, grown and married, lives about an hour away, and one white schnauzer who became my companion in late Jan. 2016. GMa to one goldendoodle. I was widowed not quite 10 years ago (though some days it seems like yesterday) and moved 7 years ago from our nearly 100-year old single family home of 35 years into a townhome, requiring far less maintenance. With DD marrying, other family more spread out, and being widowed, the holidays have been pared down and streamlined. They've become what I make of it, even if it's only for my own personal enjoyment. My holiday decor brings me enoyment and makes me smile and relax a little more than usual. And the HGP helps me keep on top of things I'd otherwise let slide, since it's just me. We all do as much as we want, to meet our needs. So, know that you're welcome in this space. Come join the fun!

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
Welcome from LI,NY.

Retired lover of Christmas which I celebrate along with all the Jewish holidays.

One husband, one son, one daughter-in-law, one dog.

Love to travel in my Airstream camper which is where I am just now in Watkins Glen,NY

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Merry Welcome from Wisconsin

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Welcome, I am so glad that you have joined us.
I live in Australia where it is currently Winter.....Spring is nearly here.

It is going to be a busy few months here at MHH, please jump in.

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
Hello and welcome!

I live in North Louisiana, about 30 minutes from Mississippi and an hour from Arkansas.

Retired teacher of 33 years, now full time employed at a doctor's office. Married, 1 son from first marriage, 2 daughters with DH, 3 grandsons, 3 grand dogs, 5 grand cats.

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
Welcome from sunny hot Florida!

PamelaG

Staff member
Premiere Member
May 27, 2011
Washington, the Evergreen State
Welcome from Washington in the Pacific Northwest! Empty nester, 22 days away from retirement although my husband is still working. One daughter, two grand-dogs, three grand-horses, and a grand-gecko! Born American, British at heart, love everything to do with England...and Christmas, of course!

Lolwlias

Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
Cadyville, NY
Welcome from Northeast NY.
I have been a part of this group for many years & it is the most wonderful place to be for Christmas-lovers.