SO- what is the story/meaning behind your...

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

pixiestick

Santa's Elves
Nov 20, 2007
MHH "name", "handle"??

I always wonder...

Me first-

pixiestick

When I was living at a fishing lodge in Alaska, all the fishing guides had radio "handles". I had to have one too because I often had to contact them by radio from the lodge. I loved the candy as a child and when pressed to pick a name , it randomly popped into my head so I chose it. So most message boards I use that name.

For here I think it especially fits with the "magical" theme.

My real name is Shalome by the way!

What is your story?

thechristmasnut

Retire Member
Jun 30, 2008
Columbus, Ohio
Mine came from my Nine year old daughter.

When she talks to people about me the first thing out of her mouth is shes a CHRISTMAS NUT... so used it as my email address then I started using it here...

My real names Jacki... (Jacki Frost.. people get a kick out of that too I get treased all the time)

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Mine is self-explanatory... lulu for lucie and dou is part of my last name..... don't have enough imagination!!

JodyLynn

Retire Member
Jul 18, 2008
Funny you mention it..........I usually use Jody664 as my handle on most boards. But when I signed up here, I was so excited I accidentally clicked the "born after 1980" thing (or whatever year it was). So I had to re-register. I wasn't very creative......Jody Lynn is my first and middle names.

Eaglesax

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
Middle Georgia
I have 2 sons, one played high school football (Eagles) and the other played in the band (saxaphone). In attemts to come up with user names on many different sites that were not already used I combined the 2 and became Eaglesax. I'm one of those that use the same ID for everything so I can remember (over 40 syndrome)

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
Our last name is Supanich (pronounced Sue-pan-itch), but everyone at work calls my DH Soupy or SSG Soup. So, Mrs. Soup became my name. :flower:

InstantMom

Retire Member
Aug 2, 2008
Good question!

I am InstantMom because when I married my husband 4.5 years ago, I also became mom to his sons, now 10 and 11 years old; their biological mother is completely out of the picture. Before the wedding, I told everyone who would listen that going from Spunky Single Gal to Instant Mom would be a piece of cake, since I had been an elementary school teacher for 12 years - here's me when I snapped out of it: :thud:

And here's everyone watching me: :rotflol:

MaryAnn

teachermomof2

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 27, 2007
PA
Mine isn't very creative...I'm a teacher and mom of 2. I use it on most boards.

Lisa

snowlvr

Retire Member
Oct 14, 2007
Western North Carolina
What a great question! Mine is kinda self-explanatory, I LOVE snow, I grew up in upstate NY, so always saw alot of it...but I've been in NC since 1979, and I love it here too! I have lived at the beach--saw snow ONE time in 8 years-and now we are permanently settled in the mts, where my chances are a LITTLE better :bigsnow: My sister who still lives in NY says--yeah of course you love it, you don't have it 8 months out of the year!

foxpaw

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
What a great thread this is...it is so interesting.
With last name of Fox...mine is self-explanitory...my DH actually came up with it years ago when we got our first PC.

FrostyShimmer

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
Hmm..I just love the frosty shimmer that coats everything after a light snow.

:bigsnow:

carol1231

MHH Member
Oct 13, 2007
W-S, NC
Mine is pretty simple too. My name is Carol and my bday is Dec 31st = carol1231. If it got more complicated, I'd never remember.

Pumpkin’s Mom

MHH Member
Jul 25, 2008
I love the fall and DD's birthday is the first week of Oct. She was a pumpkin for her first Halloween and so I became Pumpkin's Mom. :)

starflake

Retire Member
Jan 10, 2008
I adore stars and snowflakes, so I combined the two. Sweet and simple. ;-)

Jinglewhale

MHH Member
Oct 13, 2007
Texas
Mine is because I have two loves: well, 3, but I couldn't get 3 names to fit! LOL!
I love Christmas and chose Jingle because it went well with my other love: orca whales
THus, you have Jinglewhale. Somehow I just couldn't get baseball in there! :rotflol:

Jinglewhale

Jinglewhale

MHH Member
Oct 13, 2007
Texas
Thanks for the suggestions! I might have to change it to something like that! :rotflol: :rotflol:
Jinglewhale