Starting Fresh

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
You Can Do It

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
I've officially got mine in place..now if I can keep up with it and use it like I'm suppose to. I tear stuff from magazines and just leave it laying around. Yeppers...got to get it in there for it to work!

Snowbelle27

Santa's Elves
Oct 13, 2007
West Midlands, UK.
Mine is all ready to go! I've been using it for several years now and wouldn't be without it. It's aways a work in progress and changes from time to time but I thinks it's this that makes it so successful.

SparkleNana, I'm sure if read some of the older posts in this thread you'll find some brilliant notebook ideas. Just remember everyone's notebook is different and so long as it works for you that's all that matters.

Here's a link for some great dividers for your Christmas Notebook. There's also some wonderful covers/dividers for all sorts of notebooks.

http://melindawhitehead.com/HolidayNotebooks.htm

:grin:

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
You are so going to enjoy your notebook.

holidaymama

Retire Member
Oct 15, 2007
I was busy with mine today as well! I wrote down all the crafts I want to do this summer while I am off from work...I don't know if it is completely realistic, but we'll see!

Anyway, I will just do a couple at a time, and I am startin with simple things. Felt Coasters and Little country ornaments for a small tree...it's in a craft book I got yesterday at the 1/2 price book store!

that sounds wonderful Holidaymama!!!!

Like I posted in the CIJ notebook topic I just pulled all my binders off the closet shelf and want to reconfigure them. I think I will reorganize them for now and then begin fresh for 2009!!!!

With Ginger's grocery budget challenge preparations beginning I expect to have a fully functioning binder just for that also by January 2009. I already have the monthly tabs set up in a binder but not sure if that binder is the one of choice just yet. I just happen to luck out when I find binders that already have index tabs, monthly tabs, and sheet protectors already in them at my local Goodwill !!! I even lucked out and found 2 binders, one with index card protectors, and one with baseball card protectors for like $2 each. The protectors alone would have cost me more because there are about 50-60 pages in each one. I hope to utilize the business card protectors to hold coupons that I will begin clipping again and best part is I can also put them in the monthly tabs according to the expiration months...hehe!!!!

Snowbelle27

Santa's Elves
Oct 13, 2007
West Midlands, UK.
[ I just pulled all my binders off the closet shelf and want to reconfigure them. I think I will reorganize them for now and then begin fresh for 2009!!!!
/quote]

Craftcreations that sounds a wonderful idea. I'd be interested to know what notebooks you use as I'm always looking to improve my system. I may join you on this project.

:flower:

teachermomof2

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 27, 2007
PA
After I finish teaching a Writing Camp this week and get through the anniversary party for the in-laws, I'm planning on refreshing my Christmas Notebook. I need to list the stocking stuffers and gifts I've already purchased so I don't forget them! :flower:

Snowbelle27 said:
Craftcreations that sounds a wonderful idea. I'd be interested to know what notebooks you use as I'm always looking to improve my system. I may join you on this project.

:flower:

Well I have my Christmas Notebook, ICE notebook (in case of emergency), School notebook-holds all important papers from the school since I am a PTO and SAC member, Recipe notebooks, and getting ready of course to set up the Budgeting Notebook!! I recently acquired extra binders so I hope to configure some new ones.

I also have small ones I bought to make the Christmas Notebooks for some family members to hopefully help them get into a better Christmas spirit and have a system that helps them get more organized and budget easier!!

I made a list of what size and how many binders I HAVE and will go from there. I think after the CIJ events I might have to add a scrapbook Notebook to my list....lol!!!

Syanda

Retire Member
Oct 14, 2007
Ontario, Canada
My cousin loves my notebook so much she asked me to help her make one this year! I can't wait, I'm excited at the thought of starting fresh ;o) :pink:

thechristmasnut

Retire Member
Jun 30, 2008
Columbus, Ohio
I love my notebook, Im always tweaking it and making changes.

My love for notebooks has kinda taken over I have notebooks for everything, LOL :haha:

Good Luck with your notebook!

Snowbelle27

Santa's Elves
Oct 13, 2007
West Midlands, UK.
thechristmasnut said:
love my notebook, Im always tweaking it and making changes.

My love for notebooks has kinda taken over I have notebooks for everything, LOL

I couldn't agree more thechristmasnut, I'm exactly the same.

HouseElf

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Ontario, Canada
www.pinterest.com
What fun. I need to start over as mine had a small issue with a flooding basement and mystery mold {shudder} during our ongoing renovations. Best of luck!

Jessica

Retire Member
Jan 3, 2008
SW Georgia
I'm in the process of redoing mine as well. We are in the process of building a home that will be done sometime in the next 5 weeks or so. This is the first time in 2 years we will have a home of our own at Christmas. We are so excited, there will actually be family at our house this year! Yipee!

:skate:

JodyLynn

Retire Member
Jul 18, 2008
I do mine a little differently.........I do a new notebook each year. I like having one whole years worth of Christmas planning in one place. They become kind of like scrapbooks for me. The only part I don't re-do every year is my Christmas card list. That moves from notebook to notebook each year.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
I just streamlined my Christmas Binder/Notebook last week!

I realized that what I had was way too bulky. It was really a tear file with my Christmas lists/calenders getting lost in the shuffle.

So I moved my pretty tab dividers and the lists/calendars I refer to all the time during Christmas planning to a new, smaller 3 ring binder.

It is so nice to be able to easily grab it and flip right to what I need!

Before it took two hands to take my binder off the shelf!

Anyway, I was excited so I just wanted to share!