Summer Cleaning Week 5

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

momof4

MHH Member
Nov 3, 2007
Southwest Ohio
Okay, I'm ready to roll again...it's amazing how much I relied on my computer to keep my home in order and myself organized. Since it crashed a couple weeks ago my house (& myself) have become a disorganized mess! I need to jump back on the bandwagon with a vengance!!!

Week 5 for me is my living room

[] vacuum shades
[] figure out what to do with the little "evergreen" trees (keep?)
[X] dust
[] file papers/statements/bills
[X] shred the old stuff
[X] clean out computer cabinet
[] condition leather chair
[] vacuum
[] spot clean carpet

holly-ivy

Retire Member
Oct 14, 2007
sunny California
We missed you momof4. Glad you're back. This week I had scheduled the Master Bedroom, going to change it to Hallway bath and catchup week.

Hallway Bath:
[x] declutter counter
[x] declutter undersink
[x] declutter medicine cabinet
[x] declutter drawers [x] [x] [x]
[x] clean fixtures
[x] clean toilet
[x] clean bathtub/shower
[x] clean sink
[x] change out towels
[x] mop floor
[x] polish cabinets
add things undone from previous weeks

:pink:

synchroswimr

MHH Member
Jan 6, 2008
This was supposed to be my living room, but I have decided to do my closets instead.

Large Closet:
[X] Empty
[X] Sweep and Mop
[X] Re-organize

Small Closet:
[X] Empty
[X] Sweep and Mop
[X] Re-Organize

Done! Now I am going to start on next week as I am going to be gone for several days

Rest of the week:
Decorating
[]Repot my plants
[]Buy dashboard cleaner

Bathroom
[] Sweep
[] Scrub floor
[] Scrub toilet
[] Wash and iron shower curtain
[] Organize under sink
[] Organize medicine cabinet
[] Wash walls
[] Wash mirror

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Momof4 -- I am mystified at the idea that the computer keeps you and your home organized. I read your post and I just sat and thought "How does she do that? How does that work?" It was peaceful sitting there - because no answers came to me. I cannot imagine how it works for you. But -- I happily accept that it does work for you. I can happily accept lots and lots of things that I don't understand! It does not bother me at all to "not understand" something.

Anyway - I keep returning to my office/guest room - and moaning and lamenting how long it is taking me. In spite of all the complaining, it is not a bad thing. It means that the rest of the house is actually working pretty well. So -- with that pleasant comment, we enter into Week 5 AND...... the office/guest room - Christmas storage area.

(X) one hour decluttering paper
( ) one hour decluttering paper
( ) one hour work on closet
( ) trip to Ikea to buy file cabinet
:rain:

momof4

MHH Member
Nov 3, 2007
Southwest Ohio
SparkleNana said:
Momof4 -- I am mystified at the idea that the computer keeps you and your home organized. I read your post and I just sat and thought "How does she do that? How does that work?" It was peaceful sitting there - because no answers came to me. I cannot imagine how it works for you. But -- I happily accept that it does work for you. I can happily accept lots and lots of things that I don't understand! It does not bother me at all to "not understand" something.
Well, my laptop sat on the kitchen counter so I was on it all day long - for everything.

I had my only calendar on it - I suddenly didn't have a calendar with anything up-to-date after about February (last time I backed it up). I also have my calendar set up to remind me of everything at certain times & on certain days - take the chicken out to thaw before bed, mail a bday card, call so&so, change the kids' weekly chore chart, etc. My version of a tickler file, I guess.

I also tracked my exercise, our budget (that is backed up thankfully), my gift idea list, and menu plans on it. And it had my itunes library...I miss my music!

I still don't have the laptop back - I'm using our desktop in another room. It doesn't have the same programs (ie calendar) that the laptop had nor does it have all my files, but I'm figuring it out...I said it before, but it's worth repeating - be sure to backup anything important to you on a regular basis!!

Snowbelle27

Santa's Elves
Oct 13, 2007
West Midlands, UK.
Momof4 glad to hear your getting things together again as far as your computer is concerned. I must admit I would be lost without mine.

Well here is my list for this week, not sure I'll get everything done but here it is anyway. As it is the beginning of the month there are some extra jobs which I usually tackle monthly.

Weekly Focus living room (x)
Sort Filing / paperwork / receipts( )
Clean Freezer ( )
Clean / maintain dishwasher (x)
Descale Kettle (x)
Descale washing machine (x)
Wash mattress covers and hoover mattresses (x)
Clean door handles (x)
Clean windows inside (x)
Hoover curtains / blinds / sofas (x)
Wash ornaments / glasswear (x)
Clean porch ( )
Wipe down paintwork outside ( ) (weather permitting)
Sweep driveway (x)
Food shopping (x)
Misc shopping / pay bills (x)
clean all rooms (x)
Change bedding / towels (x)
Clean Oven (x)
Clean fridge (x)
Clean microwave (x)
Washing / ironing / repairs (x) repairs not done as yet.

:flower:

momof4

MHH Member
Nov 3, 2007
Southwest Ohio
Well, once again I was without a computer, but this time it was due to the power being out due to a storm Wednesday evening. Didn't get power until early this morning. Thought I'd get a lot done in the house Thursday, but dang! it was hot in the house without a/c! Ended up playing with the kids in the basement most of the day.

As a result, I only got a couple things checked off my list. There's always next week!