Taking Care of Me

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
Well I have accomplished several things recently for "taking care of me."

First I had a physical checkup...the conclusion...pretty much healthy...a little over weight but wonderful blood sugar levels...LOL...I can still make Christmas Cookies!!

Second I am cutting down on appointments for my private practice...about half of what I usually do a week...with my full "retirement" date being the end of June. BUY can I tell the difference already...nice to have thos extra evening hours and less to keep track of!!

Third: I went and had that pedicure for May!!!...Its not my "day" yet but I just couldn't resist...my feet looked horrible and now with warmer weather I live in flip flops and sandels.

Next on my agenda is my every six weeks hair cut and color....I am looking gray again already...LOL

purplecrush

Premiere Member
You go girl!!!!

I need to go get a pedi. I won a gift card to a local spa boutique for a free pedi and havent used it yet!!!!

Hmm.. I need to take care of me!!!! I didnt even see this thread lol..

Im getting my highlights touched up on Thursday! YAY!!

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Ginger, Congrats to you on cutting down! :applause: You will love all the free time. And with retirement that will be NICE!!!!

I got a cut and color last night. I have been thinking of a pedicure. My heels are bad and I also do the flip flops and sandals.

I have lost 20 since the first of the year. Should have lost more by now but........ Have more to go.

Like the rest of us, we put everybody and everything else before ourselves.

Pamelajane

Retire Member
Apr 19, 2008
Hertfordshire.UK.
I'm having my hair coloured next week after my daughter said 'Mum you've got white hairs'! I'm only 37!

Pamelajane.

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
That's great Ginger!

I have a dental cleaning this afternoon and I am going for another x-ray and a MRI on Friday to try to figure out exactly what's wrong with my knee and hopefully the VA will fix it or at least attempt to.

Anyway, I need a pedicure horribly. My heels are awful and they always crack and hurt. Maybe someday.....

FrostyShimmer

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
Pamelajane said:
I'm having my hair coloured next week after my daughter said 'Mum you've got white hairs'! I'm only 37!

Pamelajane.

Don't feel bad, I'm only 24 and my hair is about 10% white already!!

I've really got to do something with it...feel too young to just let it all grow in white. Just can't figure out what to do with it.
:flower:

girlsinmo

Premiere Member
Jan 1, 2008
MO
I posted this in my YAY-ME blog before I saw the question here so will post here too:

I've celebrated me a couple of different ways ths week. Monday I bought me a new dress. I'm not a dress girl but I've been wanting a sundress so I took the plunge and brought one. It's a dark pink. My granddaughter got a new red sundress.

The plan is to wear them Sunday for Mother's Day.

Tonight I soaked my feet in scented water for about 90 minutes. I can't think of the words to accurately describe how relaxing this is. My feet didn't get water wrinkled because I had bathroom breaks and took small breaks to just remove my feet from the water.

It feels good to do something just for me.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I do need to get a perm but I am not covering up my gray hairs. They really aren't gray they are a beautiful silver white so I'm keeping them. Besides once you start that you have to keep it up or it really shows.

I need to work on my clothes. For the last 18 years I've lived in jeans and t-shirts since I was on the farm and riding horses. Now in town it just doesn't look the same. I need to crack down and follow http://www.missussmartypants.com/ advice.

I need to start scheduling my scrapbooking time. I use to have certain days that I just scrapped. Since my dd came I gave that up to spend time with her.

All my yearly medical and dental appointments are done.

Cathymac

Super Moderator
Oct 10, 2007
Arkansas-Go Razorbacks! Whoo Pig Sooie!
I'm planning a cut and color, manicure and a spray tan for the wedding! How fun is that! My niece works at a tanning salon, and she's the one that does the spray on tan...it's specifically formulated for each person's individual skin tone, so it looks very natural. Since I'm very fair and freckled normally, it's always nice to have that little glow, even if it's from a bottle! LOL!

My feet need a pedicure, but I am extremely squeemish about ANYONE (including my DH) touching my feet, so I doubt that will happen. I've been exfoliating in the shower, and they are better.

I am not getting anything new to wear, but it's ok...the outfits I'm wearing are fairly new and favorites, so they'll be comfortable. And of course I have OVER THE TOP BLINGY jewerlry to wear, so it's all good!! :flower:

It's kind of fun to get all dressed up for a magical event, don't you think?

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
I wish I could get that haircut thing down. Everytime I go, I say I'm going to go back in 6 weeks, becuase this looks sssooooo great. Then I don't! It's just one of those things that I find easy to put off. I color my own gray hair, which at 37 is very bad, otherwise I'd be broke. It seriously grows out within weeks. I use to get pedicures and I stopped, but I really do love them. Maybe I'll make a point to get one at least 1x a month this summer. Yeah, that's it!! Thanks :-D