Thanksgiving Countdown Week Two

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

aggy

Santa's Elves
Oct 11, 2007
Baltimore, Maryland
:friendly: Okay everyone it's week two for the countdown to Turkey Day! Hope everyone's plans are going well.

Week Two: Party Planning and Decorating (Nov 8th - Nov. 14th)

1. Confirm your guest list.

2. Take down Halloween decorations if not already done.

3. Order your turkey, if fresh. Purchase your turkey, if frozen.

4. Shop for nonperishable items on your shopping list. The grocery stores have great sales happening now.

5. Perform table top check. Inventory serving pieces, table linens, china and flatware. Will you be ready to set a holiday table?

6. Plan serving dishes, bowls, platters, etc. Locate, clean and store them all ready for the big event.

7.Do a quick visual check of the party area. Any clutter to eliminate? Do it NOW! How will you create "seating areas" for guests to gather and visit.

8. Make arrangements to borrow or rent any items you lack (i.e. chairs, tables, etc)

9. Set out your Thanksgiving decor. How's the table centerpiece going?

House Prep:

Right now we're still working in the kitchen if you're following the H+H plan. Make sure your kitchen is ready for the task of cooking and baking ahead.

The second half of this week we should be focusing on the Dining Room.

Don't forget to tell us your progress.

:turkey: :turkey:

Cathymac

Super Moderator
Oct 10, 2007
Arkansas-Go Razorbacks! Whoo Pig Sooie!
Ok, here goes!

1. Confirm your guest list. working on this. I've had three confirmations, waiting on three other family members.

2. Take down Halloween decorations if not already done. Done

3. Order your turkey, if fresh. Purchase your turkey, if frozen. I'll actually wait until next week to do this, due to freezer space limitations and budget.

4. Shop for nonperishable items on your shopping list. The grocery stores have great sales happening now. working on my grocery list for this week today, and I'll be adding in some things. I noticed Wal-Mart has the quart containers of chicken stock that I use on sale, and they've "rolled back" the price on sugar. Yea!

5. Perform table top check. Inventory serving pieces, table linens, china and flatware. Will you be ready to set a holiday table? Good shape here. I've decided to use my fall tablecloth with the cutouts, unless I find a pumpkin colored one on sale.

6. Plan serving dishes, bowls, platters, etc. Locate, clean and store them all ready for the big event. Ready. I've been using them for the breakfasts, so they are clean and ready to use.

7.Do a quick visual check of the party area. Any clutter to eliminate? Do it NOW! How will you create "seating areas" for guests to gather and visit. Done

8. Make arrangements to borrow or rent any items you lack (i.e. chairs, tables, etc) N/A,but I may set up a table at the front door with cider and cups. Need to decide if I want to use my sofa table or get out a round decorator table...will need a tablecloth for the round one. I could use a runner for the sofa table. Probably will use the sofa table! LOL!

9. Set out your Thanksgiving decor. How's the table centerpiece going? Working on it. I'm painting pumpkins with metallic paint and I have a new amber colored hurricane globe.

House Prep:

Right now we're still working in the kitchen if you're following the H+H plan. Make sure your kitchen is ready for the task of cooking and baking ahead. Kitchen is in pretty good shape, due to a lot of work I did over the summer!

The second half of this week we should be focusing on the Dining Room. I don't have a dining room, so I'll focus on the back porch and freshen it up. :pilgrim:

:turkey:

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
1. Confirm your guest list. Done, all 6 people will be here.
2. Take down Halloween decorations.Done, all I had was a door mat, it's now in storage

3. Order your turkey, if fresh. Purchase your turkey, if frozen. I'm watching the ads for a good price

4. Shop for nonperishable items on your shopping list. I'm picking up a few extra items each week

5. Perform table top check. I still haven't found a Thanksgiving table cloth but have a plain one

6. Plan serving dishes, bowls, platters, etc. Will give dishes a good washing th 19th

7.Do a quick visual check of the party area. Dining room is ready

8. Make arrangements to borrow or rent any items you lack not needed

9. Set out your Thanksgiving decor. How's the table centerpiece going? Have my fall center piece done and in place

House Prep:
Doing something each day. Today I wiped down the kitchen cabinets. Might do something else this afternoon.

snowangel00

Santa's Elves
Oct 9, 2007
Winter Wonderland
Thanks Aggy!

1. Confirm your guest list. working on this. This is somewhat of an ongoing process. I believe I have it narrowed down however.

2. Take down Halloween decorations if not already done. Done

3. Order your turkey, if fresh. Purchase your turkey, if frozen. I will purchase my turkey this Friday. I have to pick early at my local market.

4. Shop for nonperishable items on your shopping list. The grocery stores have great sales happening now. I have already purchased most of what I need. I will head to the store tomorrow though and purchase the rest of the ingredients.

5. Perform table top check. Inventory serving pieces, table linens, china and flatware. Will you be ready to set a holiday table? I have a fall tablecloth and I purchased new fall themed dishes last year on clearance. Can't wait to use them.

6. Plan serving dishes, bowls, platters, etc. Locate, clean and store them all ready for the big event. Donei]

7.Do a quick visual check of the party area. Any clutter to eliminate? Do it NOW! How will you create "seating areas" for guests to gather and visit. Done

8. Make arrangements to borrow or rent any items you lack (i.e. chairs, tables, etc) I have already made arrangements for this.

9. Set out your Thanksgiving decor. How's the table centerpiece going? My centerpiece is complete. I am thinking about making napkin rings this weekend though

House Prep:

Right now we're still working in the kitchen if you're following the H+H plan. Make sure your kitchen is ready for the task of cooking and baking ahead. My kitchen is actually pretty good right now. I went through in the Spring and really gave it a good cleaning (cabinets, pantry, and all)

The second half of this week we should be focusing on the Dining Room. My dining room has been pretty much 'set' since the beginning of Fall. My flower arrangements and such stay out for the entire season. I will work on getting this area ready - but I will spend more time working on the living room where we all gather once our tummys are full!
:turkey:

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
1. Confirm your guest list. Done

2. Take down Halloween decorations if not already done. DONE

3. Order your turkey, if fresh. Purchase your turkey, if frozen.

4. Shop for nonperishable items on your shopping list. The grocery stores have great sales happening now. PARTLY DONE

5. Perform table top check. Inventory serving pieces, table linens, china and flatware. Will you be ready to set a holiday table?

6. Plan serving dishes, bowls, platters, etc. Locate, clean and store them all ready for the big event.

7.Do a quick visual check of the party area. Any clutter to eliminate? Do it NOW! How will you create "seating areas" for guests to gather and visit. PARTLY DONE

8. Make arrangements to borrow or rent any items you lack (i.e. chairs, tables, etc) DONE

9. Set out your Thanksgiving decor. How's the table centerpiece going? DONE

House Prep: STILL TO DO

Right now we're still working in the kitchen if you're following the H+H plan. Make sure your kitchen is ready for the task of cooking and baking ahead.

THANKS FOR HELPING ME GET BACK ON TRACK

1. Confirm your guest list. pretty much completed

2. Take down Halloween decorations if not already done.done but need to be put away in shed

3. Order your turkey, if fresh. Purchase your turkey, if frozen.taken care of

4. Shop for nonperishable items on your shopping list. The grocery stores have great sales happening now.mostly done

5. Perform table top check. Inventory serving pieces, table linens, china and flatware. Will you be ready to set a holiday table?check

6. Plan serving dishes, bowls, platters, etc. Locate, clean and store them all ready for the big event.already started...yeah I'm feeling good so far about this checklist

7.Do a quick visual check of the party area. Any clutter to eliminate? Do it NOW! How will you create "seating areas" for guests to gather and visit.there are too many people for sitting areas we have seating shifts...lol

8. Make arrangements to borrow or rent any items you lack (i.e. chairs, tables, etc)all good

9. Set out your Thanksgiving decor. How's the table centerpiece going?all ready to go

Lolwlias

Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
Cadyville, NY
aggy said:
:friendly:

Week Two: Party Planning and Decorating (Nov 8th - Nov. 14th)

1. Confirm your guest list. Still working on it.

2. Take down Halloween decorations if not already done. The only thing we did was carve pumpkins, so that's easy enough to take care of.

3. Order your turkey, if fresh. Purchase your turkey, if frozen. Will check the sales this weekend and turkey will be bought.

4. Shop for nonperishable items on your shopping list. The grocery stores have great sales happening now. Will be done by Saturday.

5. Perform table top check. Inventory serving pieces, table linens, china and flatware. Will you be ready to set a holiday table? Yes.

6. Plan serving dishes, bowls, platters, etc. Locate, clean and store them all ready for the big event. Done

7.Do a quick visual check of the party area. Any clutter to eliminate? Do it NOW! How will you create "seating areas" for guests to gather and visit. There is always clutter to eliminate. It's a work in progress.

8. Make arrangements to borrow or rent any items you lack (i.e. chairs, tables, etc) n/a

9. Set out your Thanksgiving decor. How's the table centerpiece going?
Have centerpieces on diningroom table, kitchen table and coffee table in livingroom.

House Prep:

Don't forget to tell us your progress.

:turkey: :turkey: