Thanksgiving Weekend in Canada

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Chinook Girl

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
Happy Thanksgiving to all our Canadian members, looks like it's going to be a cool one here in Calgary, we are in the minus temps, off to work for me today, then off for 3 days, hope to get some things accomplished this weekend.

Cindylouwho

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
Happy Thanksgiving to you up North! :)

Christmas Paper

MHH Member
Dec 8, 2008
Turkey Day

Hi LULUDOU, & all you Canadian Girls Up there, Just want to wish you All a Very Happy Thanksgiving. Just realized it the other day, looking at the Calendar. I went Food Shopping the Other day & seen small Butterballs on sale, & asked Hubby if he wanted to get it now, and he said no, wait. It makes me yearn for Our Turkey day, it's about 6 weeks away, who's cooking, & who's going to Grandma's? That's when you know that Christmas is on it's way. I love to Watch the Parade, while the turkey's in the oven, & nibble on snacks in the Meantime, Don't you? The next day I take my Fall Decorations Down & get out the Christmas Stuff. Happy Turkey Day to All, Enjoy!

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Happy thanksgiving! We don't really celebrate it here except for having a 3-day weekend (so no extra work - ouf! with Halloween around the corner I don't know how I'd do it)

Pam Spaur

Premiere Member
Jul 17, 2008
Muncie, IN
A very happy Thanksgiving to each of our Canadian family members. Blessings to each of you.

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
Happy holiday to you all!

christmasallyear

Retire Member
Jan 5, 2008
Thank you to everyone for their wishes.

Dinner was wonderful. I prepared it all myself. The only cheat I used was store-bought mashed potatoes. The turkey was fabulous. I cooked it breast side down. The dressing turned out well too. I used a can of organic pumpkin to make the pie with and it was divine, not because it was organic I'm sure, it just had a nice mellow taste. Followed all that food with pumpkin spice coffee and liqueurs.

Today, after church we all went out for brunch. Then I crashed on the couch for awhile with a book.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

I will keep the fall decorations up and add a touch of Halloween in a week or so. I'm already thinking about Christmas.