the elf sent me shopping!!!

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

yummy-mummy-amy

Retire Member
Dec 8, 2008
cambs, UK
hi,

i had to go shopping today for supplies.

* 2x mini xmas trees
* 2x fairy lights
* chocolate santas (everywhere seems to have sold out chocolate elfs)
* reindeer antlers & noses for older 2, elf suit for baby
* grow your own santa, reindeer n snowman
* a gold wire sleigh and gold ribbon for the reins

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
That's quite a list. Imagine all the possibilities...

yummy-mummy-amy

Retire Member
Dec 8, 2008
cambs, UK
the mini trees n lights are going up in boys rooms 1 night this week. the sleigh is going to hold him and the ribbon is going round the toy animals pulling it! (not sure where its going to be though). i may leave a chocolate santa in the sleigh for the boys. the elf outfit and reindeer bits 4 being left at he weekend as a bit of fun for the kids. and the grow your own bits as a competition between them to see whose grows faster. LOL!

yummy-mummy-amy

Retire Member
Dec 8, 2008
cambs, UK
unless the kids start being good the stuff will be staying in the bag!!!

my 7yr old has ADHD and he went into 1 of his moods last night, shouting n screaming at me, throwing stuff, hurting himself, he hit n kicked my dogs and threatened to kill his 4yr old bro!!! all because i asked him to put the toys away as it was bedtime. he then proceeded to attack the 4yr old to the extent the 4yr old was begging me to send 7yr old to nannies as he was scared!!! he also went on to say bertie "was only a toy and not real" and santa doesnt exist, which upset 4yr old even more.

the 4yr old this morning ripped the border off his wall as he wanted something to draw on! (its been decorated since aug this yr!!!)

so its safe to say i'm NOT happy. bertie has written in his journal that he wont be moving from his sleeping bag or leaving them any treats until they start being good!!! to which 4yr old has "tried" to write a note saying sorry and he will be good and the 7yr old says "let him sit and sulk". (i can now see why people have 1 elf per child not 1 per family!!!) i know with the 7yr old has problems BUT thats no excuse.

momiilu

Retire Member
Oct 25, 2008
Minnesota
www.myspace.com
unless the kids start being good the stuff will be staying in the bag!!!

my 7yr old has ADHD and he went into 1 of his moods last night, shouting n screaming at me, throwing stuff, hurting himself, he hit n kicked my dogs and threatened to kill his 4yr old bro!!! all because i asked him to put the toys away as it was bedtime. he then proceeded to attack the 4yr old to the extent the 4yr old was begging me to send 7yr old to nannies as he was scared!!! he also went on to say bertie "was only a toy and not real" and santa doesnt exist, which upset 4yr old even more.

the 4yr old this morning ripped the border off his wall as he wanted something to draw on! (its been decorated since aug this yr!!!)

so its safe to say i'm NOT happy. bertie has written in his journal that he wont be moving from his sleeping bag or leaving them any treats until they start being good!!! to which 4yr old has "tried" to write a note saying sorry and he will be good and the 7yr old says "let him sit and sulk". (i can now see why people have 1 elf per child not 1 per family!!!) i know with the 7yr old has problems BUT thats no excuse.

Just want to say that last night My Elves made signs that say "Strike" "Elves On Strike" and "When Listening Goes away Elves Don't Play" and they wrote the kids a letter reminding them how important it is to be extra good this time of year because Santa is watching and they were very sad to see mommy have to ask them repeatidly to pick up their room and the mess they made in the living room, and still not see any improvements. That Santa is very disapointed and if they can't be on the nice list then Santa will make the elves go back to the north pole or send them to a new family.

yummy-mummy-amy

Retire Member
Dec 8, 2008
cambs, UK
Just want to say that last night My Elves made signs that say "Strike" "Elves On Strike" and "When Listening Goes away Elves Don't Play" and they wrote the kids a letter reminding them how important it is to be extra good this time of year because Santa is watching and they were very sad to see mommy have to ask them repeatidly to pick up their room and the mess they made in the living room, and still not see any improvements. That Santa is very disapointed and if they can't be on the nice list then Santa will make the elves go back to the north pole or send them to a new family.

think i may copy that. it may work. thing is the 4yr old is really upset cos it was him that asked for the elf.

momiilu

Retire Member
Oct 25, 2008
Minnesota
www.myspace.com
think i may copy that. it may work. thing is the 4yr old is really upset cos it was him that asked for the elf.

hmmm how hard would it be for Santa to send a "rescue elf" or even a holiday animal.. a stuffed deer, penguin.. something like that? maybe he could come down to assist Bertie (sorry I forgot if that was your elves name LOL) He could be assigned to you oldest son so your other elf can carry on the fun with your 4 year old?

My oldest has oppositional defiant disorder, and punishing him for stuff is like banging your head against a wall, I've FINALLY figured out the best way to get what I want is offer him something in return, I know its not the greatest situation but for instance in School if he doesn't have any late assignments during the week then Friday night we have a family game night (which is one of his FAVORITE things)

Hopefully you will figure out something to work for your son too!

yummy-mummy-amy

Retire Member
Dec 8, 2008
cambs, UK
well he decided to tell us last night "the elf is a toy and not real. he doesnt belive its magic and wants nothing more to do with it."

this morning there were 2 messages in the elf journal. 1 for the youngest 2 saying he will stay for them as long as they are good and 1 for eldest saying that as he doesnt believe he is real and magic there will be no more magic or treats for him unless he changes his mind and says sorry.

7yr old was really upset and said he didnt mean it etc. but he wont say sorry. the elf has a xmas cuddly for younger 2 2nite so we will see what happens when eldest has nothing. knowing my son he will say sorry!!!

yummy-mummy-amy

Retire Member
Dec 8, 2008
cambs, UK
the eldest has said sorry!!! and they all got a small gift in the back of the sleigh bertie found and had the toy animals pulling!

the blog has been updated as well.