the magic elves cookie kit

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Colleen in PA

Retire Member
Aug 20, 2008
This is so cute...and would make a great gift from the Elves! TFS!

momiilu

Retire Member
Oct 25, 2008
Minnesota
www.myspace.com
Jennifer,

I've been searching for them since I saw the link of the kits,

Wilton makes a cute full elf

http://fantes.com/christmas.html

and amazon has some ADORABLE elf-theme cutters, they are kind of pricey but CUTE
http://www.amazon.com/Old-River-Road-Stocking-Cookie/dp/B00295N8FS

momiilu

Retire Member
Oct 25, 2008
Minnesota
www.myspace.com
It looks like the magic cookie kit is also available at JoAnnes Fabrics for $14.99 and Sears for the same price, tho the one at Sears does not seem as cutely packaged its the same company and product.

And if you can't find an elf cookie cutter, or dont want to spend crazy prices, you can always alter a Star into an elf, I can't find a picture online of an "elf" but perhaps if you look at this picture, and think of the santa in Green to look like an elf ;)

Kim Loves Snow

Santa's Elves
Aug 3, 2008
Richmond, Virginia
Oh, that cookie cutter is adorable. Would be a cute gift from the elf to put on a kitchen tree too (after you tried it out, of course!)

JeniferDwn

MHH Member
Jul 21, 2010
Florence SC
www.jeniferdwn.blogspot.com

nicurn92

MHH Member
Sep 25, 2008
augghh... just had to order the elf cookie cutter. it's super cute though! tfs. maggie

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
hehehe...I knew when I posted that kit that we could make a better.....cheaper one....:)

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
momilu...when we talked about leprechauns and St Pats stuff....someone suggested putting green food coloring in a glass and letting it dry and then when they added the milk...it turned green and the kids were thinking it was magic....

I wonder if the same trick could be applied somehow to make the dough change colors...!

momiilu

Retire Member
Oct 25, 2008
Minnesota
www.myspace.com
hmmm that might work? I was thinking of like fundip candy that changes color LOL or the koolaide, if you dont mind having the extra flavor ;) you could add the magic cool-aide to the mix... oooh you could make it as a cute gift in a jar ;)

I wonder if you experimented with sugar, died some green and mixed it in, if it would show too much for it to really be "magic" maybe I need to get a kit to see just how "magic" it is LOL

ladybugsmom

Retire Member
Sep 18, 2008
massachusetts
what if you put a glob of food coloring at the bottom of a mixing bowl, then either put the sugar cookie mix on top and have a elf "stirring" it when the kids find it or stash the bowl until they are ready to make the cookies and pull it out for them to use. I doubt they will notice that there is a dried glob of something at the bottom. Then add the wet ingredients, stir and voila!