The Perfect Christmas by Debbie Macomber

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

teachermomof2

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 27, 2007
PA
I just finished that book in one day. It was so silly and funny and filled with holiday spirit. I highly recommend it as a light read on a cold, gray day.

I posted a description on my blog if you are interested.

Is anyone reading any other books with a Christmas Theme?

Blessings,
Lisa

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
I have requested this from the library, but there are 17 people ahead of me. I guess I will be reading it sometime in 2010!!

I just love her books, they are so great. I am waiting for Angels at Christmas by her as well. I am number 2, so there is a good chance I might get to read it for Christmas!!

She has so many great Christmas books, I can read them over and over.

Can you tell I am a fan?

girlsinmo

Premiere Member
Jan 1, 2008
MO
Hi Lisa, I bought a Christmas book the other day, it might of been by this author, not sure. I let my DD read it first and it's still at her house. I'll look next time I'm there at the title. My DD read it and really enjoyed it. It has 3 Christmas stories in it.

The book you are reading sounds like a enjoyable read.

girlsinmo

Premiere Member
Jan 1, 2008
MO
The book I couldn't think of the name was "The Gift by Nora Roberts." I haven't read it yet tho. But I have been reading on a adorable little book by Debbie Macomber- Mrs.Miracle.

teachermomof2

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 27, 2007
PA
I read Mrs. Miracle before. I'm going to start Angels at Christmas by Debbie Macomber today. My mom just gave it to me.

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
I am reading Mrs. Miracle now and it is really sweet. I am next in line at the library for Angels at Christmas. I hope I get it soon.

Homekeepn

Retire Member
Nov 28, 2009
Maine
I just started "The Delaney Christmas Carol" By Kay Hooper, Iris Johansen, and Fayrene Preston. If you are not familular with this story, each author writes a piece of the book. One writes of the past, another of the present and so on about the same family.

foxpaw

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
I am currently reading "The Christmas Promise" by Donna VanLiere....good read and fast...great story...recommend it.

I have read "LakeShore Christmas" by Susan Wiggs...very good, was a sequal to all the LakeShore Chronicles by same author..loved it!!!

Also have read "Home in Time For Christmas" by Heather Graham ...loved it and am on the list to get it again.

LOVED "The Christmas List" by Jason Wright...very goood!!!

As soon as WalMart put out all their Christmas books, I made a list and ordered them on line from our library...am still waiting for Debbie Macomber' "Perfect Christmas" and "A Creed Christmas" by Linda Lael Miller.

Love, Love , Love Christmas books!!! especially free ones!!!

christmasrocks

MHH Member
May 30, 2008
Scotland
Thanks for the recommendation, Lisa. I've just reserved a copy from my local library :D

HouseElf

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Ontario, Canada
www.pinterest.com
Heading to the library tomorrow, will see if they have a copy.

Just finished the Pennyfoot Country Club Mystery Series, Kate Kingsbury, the holiday ones:

Slay Bells
Shrouds of Holly
No Clue at the Inn
Ringing in Murder

(still need to read Decked with Folly)

also, Wishin' and Hopin' by wally lamb. Reminded my a little of 'a Christmas Story'.

On my nightstand right now:

Candy Cane murder
Plum Pudding murder
Sugar Cookie murder

Will also read {when the library has them in: Sugar and Spice, Wicked Witch with murder (Halloween), new: Gingerbread Cookie Murder}

I really enjoyed the Pennyfoot holiday books, the 'baking murders' a little less - but they are still worth a read. An interesting style, each chapter has a recipe.

I try to jump around genres, this month it has been murder mysterys - next... ?