"The Secret" by Rhonda Byrne

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

welshbabe

Retire Member
Dec 29, 2007
:flower: Coincidence - just read it last night - very good - all about the Law of Atrraction really.
Have also gone to their website and they have forums too.
I'm sure you'll enjoy it :applause:

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
I received it last christmas.... liked it but it's mostly about material things... and I didn't quite like the writing style (it's just bits and pieces from different people.. no real writing). Not sure I would read it a 2nd time.

starflake

Retire Member
Jan 10, 2008
I only browsed the website and watched the video, but I didn't like the focus on material things either, luludou. I felt it was missing vital wisdom. The realization that the only thing we have absolute control over is our thinking and the concept that we attract certain experiences based on our state of consciousness can be found in other (imho more well-rounded) sources.

We're each on different paths, but I highly recommend A New Earth. :flower:

I watched one of the webcasts on a whim and was awakened to a new way of seeing, of being. Thanks to the book and webcasts (which have continued as "The Soul Series"), I learned how to no longer mistake who I am for who I am not and embrace the present moment. It was common sense and natural to me but everything clicked together, on a deeper level. The most telling change in me is how I have been able to release grudges I held against certain toxic people; I simply didn't see their value/place or the extent of my choice/power. I'm now thankful they served as such wonderful lessons and walk the journey of life with a lightness of foot.

Aside from Eckhart Tolle, Wayne Dyer is another source of wisdom right up that alley that has helped me to see. To get a taste, you can watch some of his videos on YouTube. I used to glimpse the flowers, but now I see the roots. Whatever you decide, I wish you much peace.

(Edited to fix the link and add my thoughts on The Secret. But each man is different, and again, I haven't read the book. Good luck to you.)

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
I'll try to look into the New Earth and listen to those videos too!