Themed family night

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

momof4

MHH Member
Nov 3, 2007
Southwest Ohio
pattycakes said:
I just attended a Game Day yesterday and we played Apples to Apples. It is now on my list of games to purchase--it was a blast!

There were 10 adults at this party--the kids all played downstairs. It was a little overwhelming sometimes with all those people playing the same game--I think it would work well to have at least 2 different games going--more for 21 people!!

This is something I'd like to pursue in the new year--hosting a Game Night. It was so much fun!!!

pattycakes- 3 of my cousins and I, along with DH's and kids, do a game night about once a month. We have grown to 8 adults and 14 kids. We started because we wanted to get together on a regular basis like we did as kids and we wanted our kids to ge to know one another. Obviously, we have a great time since we've been doing it for close to 5 years now!

We are all very laid back and keep snacks and such very simple and have a game or 2 and a movie for the kids. Sometimes we have new game to try and sometimes we fall back on a trusted standby (Apples to Apples, CatchPhrase, just about any Cranium game, Sequence, etc). We rotate houses each month and we each have acquired our personal stash of standby games unique to our home. We usually divide up in teams (couples or guys vs. girls) for most games.

Even if you just host a 1 time game night, I'm sure you'll have a great time - good luck! :leprechaun:

pattycakes

Retire Member
Nov 4, 2007
shutterbugsmd.blogspot.com
Thanks, Mom!!! How great that you've all been together for 5 years!

I bought Apples to Apples over the weekend and played with the family--we had a great time! I'm looking to planning something down the road a bit with some friends!

Sounds like you all have a great time!