This is how cheap I am!

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

wvalice

Retire Member
Aug 19, 2008
Does anyone else here use PepsiStuff points or Coke points to get free stuff to give for Christmas presents? I LOVE it. I don't use the coke points so much for stuff, just free drinks, cause you need a lot more points than I get for their stuff, but Pepsi is great! I have gotten my daughters pajamas, T-shirts, and digital picture keyrings. I got my son entire seasons DVDs of shows he likes, and got my husband some movies and some CDs. The only thing is that they have really cut back on the movies they are offering, but they also offer MP3 downloads, so now I'm saving to get enough to give everyone 20 songs. I'm going to make up a pretty certificate for 20 songs and put it in their stockings (only they don't have every song available, but do have a lot, so any that they don't have I'll just buy for 89 cents off amazon!)

Now, if I could just find more people to bum Pepsi points off of!

Does anyone else have any great sites to save points and get free stuff?

Pam Spaur

Premiere Member
Jul 17, 2008
Muncie, IN
I don't think that's cheap; it's being very practical. :haha: With the money you save with your points, you have more to spend elsewhere....or save for a rainy day!! Good for you!!

:applause:

:bigsnow:

Eaglesax

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
Middle Georgia
I'm saving my points but haven't got enough to get much yet. Saving for a 2 gig Flash drive...for me. BUT, if I had lots of points I would be more than happy to get presents with them.

I'm using my points on my credit card to get gift cards for Christmas. I use it like a debit card, using it for everything including some of my monthly utility bills so I build lots of points. It makes my checkbook balancing easier too, one payment for just about everything! I figure it's free money since I would have spent the money anyway and it sure helps the Christmas budget either by actually giving the GC or using it to buy something I know someone likes.

CanadianJingles

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
I do the same thing with Air Miles; I redeem my miles for gift cards and shop with those.

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
CanadianJingles said:
I do the same thing with Air Miles; I redeem my miles for gift cards and shop with those.

I do the same thing!!

:applause: Melanie

snowlvr

Retire Member
Oct 14, 2007
Western North Carolina
I think it is brilliant! This is sooo going to date me, but does anyone remember green stamps??
I remember my mom getting them when she went grocery shopping and us kids put them in books, then you could go to a store-or get a catalog, and get stuff free..this seems the same thing to me! rock on!

give_me_a_latte

Retire Member
Jul 21, 2008
SE GA
snowlvr said:
I think it is brilliant! This is sooo going to date me, but does anyone remember green stamps??
I remember my mom getting them when she went grocery shopping and us kids put them in books, then you could go to a store-or get a catalog, and get stuff free..this seems the same thing to me! rock on!

A grocery chain where my mom lives still does green stamps..only the stamps are now tracked on a card (Like a store loyalty card). Then there's a catalog and everything, just like with greenstamps. She's gotten a few things that way. Last year she turned in some stamps for Starbucks gift cards for everyone's stockings!

InstantMom

Retire Member
Aug 2, 2008
DH is the one in our house who shops with My Coke Rewards - so proud of him, as he is very challenged by staying within a budget! We don't use credit cards, but he discovered that our Visa debit card also has a rewards program, and he's found some goodies that way too.

My secret weapon in the bargain department is shopping at CVS. I stack coupons and use their Extra Care program to stockpile all kinds of cosmetics/bath/body products for stocking stuffers and gift baskets for almost nothing out of pocket. Yesterday, my haul included 5 lipsticks and 3 bottles of body wash for less than a dollar. Love me a bargain! :grin:

appleton

MHH Member
Nov 7, 2007
Seems really smart to use these programs to help our Christmas budgets! I use them whenever I can. I'm stopping by CVS later for several gift basket/stocking stuffer items that will be greatly discounted using their Extra Bucks program & regular coupons. I just love getting those kinds of deals! When I can use it for a gift, even better!

wvalice

Retire Member
Aug 19, 2008
I actually got a job at CVS just because I went there so much to do the ECB deals, the manager told me to put my application in when they needed to hire someone! Gotta love the discount! :rotflol:

I've been getting lots of girly-stuff for my DD and DSD. Now, if they just had more "boy" things!

And I am actually kinda proud of how I stretch our budget. I learned from my mom - she used to do the same kind of thing!