To-Do List for Week of Oct. 6th-12th

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
Morning!

Don't forget to add any Halloween Countdown preparations to your list this week, it's Week 3.

Here's my list:

[X] Soccer practice
[X] [X] Soccer games (Thursday and Saturday)
[X] Dishes
[ ] Start decorating inside for Halloween
[X] Vacuum
[X] Laundry
[X] Make meal plan
[X] Grocery store
[X] Finish MidSummer Murder by Shelley Freydont
[X] Pumpkin patch (Saturday)
[X] Declutter kitchen counter
[X] Go through DS's room

That's all I can think of for now. My semester ended on Saturday so I have two weeks of freedom until my last semester starts.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Big week... (this weekend is thanksgiving here and it's a festival in town so I'm having visitors starting friday (for supper), until monday noon.

I'll probably take friday off work.Did take friday off!

Monday:
- Drive son to work after school (and after my work day) DONE
- Clean new wall unit (BIL got rid of it and it's perfect for our basement... will make more place to store things) DONE
- Take the location car back to the garage (DD had a car accident 2nd week of college and our car should be ready today) DONE
- Go get our car at the other garage DONE
- Supper DONE
- Lunches DONE
- Get hockey schedule on the net (should be available today) DONE and call friends to schedule a halloween supper
- Try to work on crochet frog a little tonight. DONE

Tuesday:
- Start filling up the wall unit in the basement (and hopefully get rid of AT LEAST 1 small bookcase... it's a bit unstable).
- Supper (ham in the crockpot)+ clean-up DONE
- Lunches DONE
- Start cleaning up in basement
- Find a babysitter for my brother's daughter (8 months), they have decided to come for the weekend but we have tickets for activities friday & saturday night - DONE

Wednesday:
- Noon: with some friends at work we have an appointment at this lady's house for some clothes (she gets the returns from a big clothing store - new but with some little defects - what you see is what you buy... pay cash, very inexpensive and it's DD'S fave store). Last time I bought a long winter coat for me $25... just a little stitch to fix. Done
- Supper + clean-upDone
- LunchesDone

Thursday:
- DS has day off... he will go to work on his bikeDone
- I will try to work later to accumulate some hoursDone
- Have to pick up groceries for cooking tomorrowDone
- Supper _ clean-upDone
- LunchesDone

Friday:
- VaccuumDone
- Dust everywhere (might try to do some on thursday night)Done
- Make supper (maybe a nice soup in the crockpot + tourtière or macaroni with sphaghetti sauce)Done
- Make a dessertDone
- Laundry, laundry, laundryDone
- Supper with some family.Done
- Comedy show at the festival tonight.

Saturday:
- Supper & music concert at the festival tonight.

Sunday:
- Sister is arriving with her 2 teen boys.

Monday:
- Afternoon..... start cleaning up and catch up on laundry!

wadeallie

Premiere Member
Nov 26, 2007
Central Vermont
For this week:

( ) Pick up oven element today
( ) Get flu shot
( ) Do laundry
( ) Pick up new color ink cartridge for printer
( ) Get haircut

( ) Do baking for quilt meeting
( ) Help DS carve pumpkin for quilt meeting
( ) Dig out decorations for quilt meeting

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Greetings for a new week! Good luck, and take good care of yourself!

Buy & put away groceries (X)
Make big fresh fruit salad (X)
Get flu shot (X)
Take care of grandchildren while parents do maternity-ward tour (X)(X)(X)(X)
Watch 2nd Presidential Debate (X)
Add more Halloween decorations outside (X)(X)(X)(X)(X)(X)
Set Up Bird Feeders & Fill (X)
Laundry (X)(X)(X)(X)(X)(X)(X)(X)(X)(X)(X)(X)(X)
Finances (X)(X)(X)(X)(X)(X)(X)(X)(X)
Work On Organizing My Closet (Oh My God!) (X)(X)(X)(X)(X)(X)(X)(X)(X)(X)(X)(X)(X)(X)(X)(X)
Reclean & reorganize entry & front Porch (X)(X)
Wrap & Organize Christmas Gifts/Work On Notebook (X)(X)(X)
Errands (X)(X)(X)(X)(X)(X)(X)(X)(X)(X)(X)(X)(X)(X)
Take one grandchild out to lunch for a "special day with the grandparents" (X)(X)(X)(X)(X)
Cleaning Guest Room (X)(X)(X)(X)(X)(X)(X)(X)(X)
Gardening (X)(X)(X)(X)(X)(X)(X)(X)(X)
Take Donations To Thrift Shop (X)
Careful Meal Planning & Grocery Shopping(X)(X)(X)

Pam Spaur

Premiere Member
Jul 17, 2008
Muncie, IN
I don't know if I will get anything crafty done. At an antique store yesterday, I bought a basket about 12" in diameter full of patches: some sewn together (machine), some cut, some strips. It was $6 for all. Then at a flea market, I got a book on Christmas things to make with scraps (mostly quilted stuff). I might make a baby doll quilt for youngest DGD. I'll have to see what grabs me. :haha:

:bigsnow:

Dakotasmamaw

Retire Member
I hope to make a dent on my list !!!!

Tomorrow, my husband has his first Colonoscopy and also the first time in his entire life he has ever been put to sleep !!! 58 years old !!! So, after I get him home and resting, I hope to get 2 crazy quilt bags finished They are already cut out and pieced.

Thursday and Friday I have to work, so I will get in what I can.
Son and his dog are still with me from the hurricane destruction of his house, so they keep my evenings full.

Saturday, 2 big craft fairs to go to , kinda hate to, afraid I will get even more ideas and NOT ENOUGH TIME TO DO THEM ALL !!

By Sunday evening, I hope to have the 2 bags done and 3 eyeglass cases that are gifts.

Wish me luck !! :thud:

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
Whew! I finally got my son's room done. I went through everything and I do mean EVERYTHING. It took about 2 hours or so to complete. Now I just have to put the bag of toys and bag of clothes in the car and drop them off somewhere. I also need to move a toy rack into the basement or into the car to get rid of also, but i'm too pooped right now. The final step will be to hang up his poster and a turtle that fell off the wall a while back. I got done what I wanted to though.

My daughter got a load of books from my son's room (they're too small for him now) and she was in hog heaven. She just sat in her room looking through them and making up stories. It was very sweet....one of those awwwww moments. I also moved a small set of 3 shelves into her room from his to put all the books on and they fit wonderfully!

Now off to do the dishes after a short rest.....

Dakotasmamaw

Retire Member
Thank you Sparklenana, but news not so good. In fact yesterday, I tried to post but just couldnt, and Pam I got your email, but havent even read it yet, cause Im still reeling.
Colonoscopy showed a mass.... cancer. We have a CT scan tomorrow and will find out the stage and our options. Of course you guys saw, he is 58 and NEVER been in the hospital, ALL of it will be tough on him, just cause everything will be so new to him. So, yesterday was a difficult day, doing better today and will until we get our definite game plan tomorrow. Hope everyone keeps us in their prayers. Thank God for this board. He doesnt want to tell anyone, and goofy me, agreed, but this is like a lot of very special strangers to me and it is just nice to get some of it off my chest today.
Thanks guys for letting me take up some time and room with this.

Pam Spaur

Premiere Member
Jul 17, 2008
Muncie, IN
Dakotasmamaw said:
Thank you Sparklenana, but news not so good. In fact yesterday, I tried to post but just couldnt, and Pam I got your email, but havent even read it yet, cause Im still reeling.
Colonoscopy showed a mass.... cancer. We have a CT scan tomorrow and will find out the stage and our options. Of course you guys saw, he is 58 and NEVER been in the hospital, ALL of it will be tough on him, just cause everything will be so new to him. So, yesterday was a difficult day, doing better today and will until we get our definite game plan tomorrow. Hope everyone keeps us in their prayers. Thank God for this board. He doesnt want to tell anyone, and goofy me, agreed, but this is like a lot of very special strangers to me and it is just nice to get some of it off my chest today.
Thanks guys for letting me take up some time and room with this.

You are both in my thoughts and prayers. Please keep us posted.

Pam

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Dakotasmamaw - thank goodness your husband went in for the colonoscopy - and that this was found BEFORE there were symptoms! The chance of recovery is so much greater when things are caught early like this!!!!

Of course your husband does not want anyone else to know. He is a strong man - and right now, it feels to him as if this cancer is taking away his identity as a strong man. He feels overcome and terrified, probably, since that is the natural reaction. And he doesn't want people to look at him differently now.

You will have the meeting with his physician, and options will be given. Then, you can decide if you want a second opinion. Or you may already now that you want a second opinion, and will set one up.

When you do decide on a course of action, please arrange for as much support as you can (for you!) You know that the hospitals have social workers (free for patient families). Call them, sit outside their office, get them to tell you what support groups and services are available to you. You need to take care of yourself, so you can give your husband all the love and care he needs!

When one of my family members received a diagnosis like this, I immediately called my internist. I got an "urgent appointment". I told her that I was feeling terrible anxiety and I thought it would interfere with my ability to take care of my ill family member. My doctor told me that there are 4 anti-anxiety medications which are very effective. She gave me a prescription for one, and said if that one didn't help within a few days - to call her. And we would try the others, until we got one that worked on my system.

This is something I needed to do for myself, so I could function calmly and with good judgement. I did not want to waste my energy on being anxious. You may not need this kind of help. But please do get all the help you need.

Now about your son. You husband wants to spare him worry, because he loves him. But you would not want your son to keep such a secret from you, in order to protect you from worry. If your husband does have surgery, your son will learn of the situation. This is an opportunity for your son to grow as a man, and to show love for his parents. Perhaps this is the reason he was sent back to live with you both.

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Dakotasmamaw - please DO keep posting, as often as you are able to get to the computer. Unfortunately, this kind of bad situation is something we all have to go through in life -- for our loved ones, and for ourselves.

We do share special bonds on this board. Ginger bug has given us all such a wonderful gift -- by creating this special place for us. I think we come together during the year because the spirit of Christmas is very strong in each one of us. And the spirit of Christmas, for us, is love.

So, Dakotasmamaw - you came here - to people who do share this special love with you. You gave each one of us a huge compliment, by opening your heart to us. Our hearts have pain for you, and for your dear husband. Our arms go around you. Our eyes close over our tears, as we send up a silent prayer for you. Do not stay away from us. :grouphug:

Pam Spaur

Premiere Member
Jul 17, 2008
Muncie, IN
SparkleNana, I think you said what is in all of our hearts for Dakotasmamaw. You said it very eloquently and gave her very good advice.

Just remember, Dakotasmamaw, everything that SparkleNana said is true. We are here for you, wrapping you in love, not just at Christmas, but always....

:bigsnow:

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Dakotasmamaw,
You and your family will be in my prayers.

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
Dakotasmamaw, you and your family will be in my thoughts. Please keep us updated!

Dakotasmamaw

Retire Member
Thank you guys so much... Sparklenana, all your ideas and suggestions, I will take to heart, they are very helpful. Pam, you know how I feel about you, you have been a rock. Also, Mrs.Soup and ahorsesoul, you are being so kind and I am grateful
Today is our C/T scan and meet with the surgeon. I have a list of questions, my journal and crochet project to keep me busy. I have already put a call into my Internist for help with my depression thru this. The sad feeling that encompasses me is no help to anyone !! It is just a heavy dull feeling all around me that i cant shake.
Anyway. Thank God and all of you again for these boards. And yes, I think you are right, Matt was brought home to me for a reason and I dont think even if his house got done, I could blast him outta here. He is around his Dad all day at work, but he seems to be soaking up every minute with him during this hard time that he can. He will learn from this experience as we all will !
Take care everyone and have a wonderful weekend !

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Sunday, October 12th is tomorrow. The final day of our "To-Do" week.

Projects big and small. Routines. And life events.

It helps to share here.

Well, do what you can. Take time for joy and gratitude. we will have a new "To-Do" week soon enough.