To-Do Lists for Week of Aug 4-10th

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
Sorry i'm a bit late getting this up today. I've been soooo tired lately I can't hardly get anything done.

It's another Monday and time to put up our weekly lists of all those things we need, want, or have-to get done. Remember to put anything that you didn't accomplish from last weeks list at the top of this weeks list.

Want To:

X Start reading a new book
X Maternity clothes out of storage
X Have brother help get fall/Halloween decor out of storage

Need To:

- Return books to library
- Vacuum
X Clean out freezer before trash day
- Follow menu plan

cmerth

Premiere Member
Dec 19, 2007
thetilteditalian.com
Here is my list:

Monday night- straighten up living room (start getting ready for party) X
Tuesday- change Kiddo's bedsheets, straighten room as wellX
Wednesday- Clean kitchen, declutter counter for party SaturdayX
Thursday- Desk day (make homemade cards) clean office/school room
Friday- Dust, vacuum, add special touches in bathroom for party,

Saturday- farewell "dinner" for friends :frown:

Christmaslvr

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
Sebastian, FL
Here’s my list:

[X] Clean off/out DD’s nightstand

[X] Clean my nightstands

[X] Sort through and purge 3 OF DD’s dresser drawers

[X] Spray weed killer and pull out ivy in backyard

[X] Work outside in “nightmare corner” of yard

[X] Tackle DD’s dresser

[ ] Tackle my dresser

[X] Sort and purge one upstairs closet

[X] Clean kitchen counters

[X] Dust living room

[X] Clean bathroom

[X] Vacuum

[X] Get donation stuff ready for pick-up

Whew! I wasn't sure I'd get it all done! Of course I've added things to my list at home, that didn't make it to this list. And it's funny....I never get into MY room...that's why it's such a disaster!! I always leave it for last and just never get to it! One day!

jackfrosty

Santa's Elves
here's mine- Mrs. Soup, take it easy and if there's anything I can do-let me know-
{T.w}laundry
{w}floors
{ ::eek:rnament: }take Wall*e game back
{T.w}scrapbook
{T}go through stamps
{}go through DH's closet
{}go through gift 'tote'
{}Finalize gift list and make craft kit lists
{T}clean mirrors and windows
{ ::eek:rnament: }make lasagnas

iluv2scrap

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Michigan
www.facebook.com
I'm going camping next week, so this week i need to make my lists, items to take, menu plan, pack, buy groceries, make sure bills are paid for next week, reschedule a doc appt, pick up my bathroom and my bedroom so i come home to two clean, picked up areas lol.

JodyLynn

Retire Member
Jul 18, 2008
Here's mine:

[] laundry
[] mail jury summons :-(
[] grocery shopping
[] prepare for camping trip (thanks for the reminder, iluv2scrap!!)
[] buy ink (want to work on Christmas notebook but out of ink)

christmas3

MHH Member
Oct 15, 2007
MrsSoup, thank you for doing thread. It seemed to help me last week. But my cleaning wagon broke during the weekend. I didn't fall off of it ...it just broke. I did good Saturday picking up but Sunday was a different story. Now I fell like I am starting all over this week. I can not believe it is Wednesday. Where has this week gone. Monday was not a good day for cleaning...my mother was in the hospital and I was there with her at night and also trying to get my kids ready for school on Tuesday. Mother came home from the hospital at 10:00 Monday night. Tuesday was the 1ST day school here..so that day was shot. Did not get much done. So now it is Wednesday, maybe I will get back on track.

Wednesday
( ::eek:rnament: ) Breakfast and Medicine
( ::eek:rnament: ) Make bed
( ::eek:rnament: ) Check MHH forms
( ::eek:rnament: ) Start laundry
( ::eek:rnament: ) Run the dishwasher
() Unload dishwasher (kids job)
( ::eek:rnament: ) Iron if anything needs it.
( ::eek:rnament: ) Put up laundry as I do it.
( ::eek:rnament: ) Pick up livingroom
( ::eek:rnament: ) Pick up kitchen
() Work in Office for 10 min. (that does not mean on the computer--did that yesterday)
( ::eek:rnament: ) Something out of freezer for supper
( ::eek:rnament: ) Plan grocery list and menu for next week
( ::eek:rnament: ) Put up totes in the dining room
( ::eek:rnament: ) Dust all the hardwood floors
() Work in office again...try to get it straightened up.
() File papers and recipets

O.k. off to do my daily list. I will check in later and let everyone know my progress.

Christmas3
:package: :package: :package:

christmas3

MHH Member
Oct 15, 2007
I'm back. I have updated my list to show what I have gotten done. I will have to move working in the office till tomorrow. This is just not a good day to get in the office. I will work on the dinning room.

Dinning room
() Dust
() Windex
() Dust floor
() Flick carpet
() Clean out China Cabinet
() Clean out Chef's Base
() Clean out Built- in

I do not except to get all of the Dinning room done today but I am putting everything on it so I can see what needs to get done. If I get alot done there will be little for me to do Thanksgiving week.

Christmas3

christmas3

MHH Member
Oct 15, 2007
I did not get anything done that was on my list for Dinningroom. I did get the kids school supplies seperated and labeled. They were on the Dinning table. So I did clean the table off. But did not get anything else done. Oh, well there is always tomorrow.

Christmas3

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Many many things, besides cleaning, happen in life. But the cleaning and organizing contribute a lot to our peace and comfort at home.

Work on office/guestroom paperwork (X)(X)(X)(X)(X)(X)(X)(X)(X)
Work on office/guestroom declutering (X)(X)(X)(X)(X)(X)(X)(X)(X)
Big family dinner (X)
Trip to airport (X)
Babysitting (Grandmothers LOVE to do this) (X)(X)(X)(X)(X)(X)(X)(X)(X)(X)(X)(X)(X)(X)(X)(X)
Special Cooking (X)(X)(X)(X)(X)(X)
Work on office/guestroom Christmas things (X)(X)(X)(X)(X)(X)(X)(X)

christmas3

MHH Member
Oct 15, 2007
Today is a new day. It is already crazy.

Thrusday

( :rudolph: ) Up-Kids to school
( :rudolph: ) DD to the dentist and back to school
( :rudolph: ) Home and Medicine
( :rudolph: ) Magical Holiday Home (I have to come here before I get started)
( :rudolph: ) Make bed
( :rudolph: ) Lay something out for supper
( :rudolph: ) Laundry-wash, dry, fold and iron
( :rudolph: ) Work in the office---NOT ON THE COMPUTER!!!!!!!!!!
( :rudolph: ) Lunch and naptime for little kids.
( :rudolph: ) Finish office....lots of work---My only goal today is to get the office in order.
( :rudolph: ) Remember to get kids at school today.
( :rudolph: ) Snacktime
( :rudolph: ) Start supper
( :rudolph: ) Supper at the table
( :rudolph: ) Clean the kitchen after supper (for some reason this is the hard one)
( :rudolph: ) Kids to bed early---school tomorrow.
( :rudolph: ) My time---Bath to relax.

I am going to have a better day today than I did yesterday!!!!!! I just know I am. ;-)

Christmas3

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Christmasx3 -- I agree! Cleaning the kitchen after supper is absolutely the hardest for me too! I will start another thread somewhere sometime about this. Maybe right here under "Weekly Wonders". Maybe we can share tips to make this easier!

christmas3

MHH Member
Oct 15, 2007
I almost forgot to come here to this thread this morning. I did not post my accomplishments last night but I did this morning. Got everything done. But my house still does not look clean.

HOW DO PEOPLE HAVE PICUTRE PERFECT LOOKING HOUSES???????????????

I will just keep working on mine one day at a time.

Friday's To Do List:

( :haha: ) Kids to school
( :haha: ) Home, breakfast, medicine
( :haha: ) Computer-Magical Holiday Home
( :haha: ) Make bed
( :haha: ) Start laundry
( :haha: ) Vacuum the upstairs--I can finally do this. Had the upstairs sprayed and could not vacuum till today.
( :haha: ) Will work on upstairs rooms---3 Kids rooms, 2 bathrooms, and a BIG playroom. Everything is up off the floor where we had it sprayed so maybe I can get everything were it belongs.
( :haha: ) Lunch-Naptime-Pick up kitchen from lunch
( :haha: ) Kids home from school---Snacktime
() Put up laundry
( :haha: ) Run dishwasher
( :haha: ) Dust hardwood floors
( :haha: ) Something out for supper
() Supper at the table
() Clean kitchen after supper
() Get clothes ready for luncheon tomorrow
() Relax

Wish me luck. I am going to need it.

Christmas3

wadeallie

Premiere Member
Nov 26, 2007
Central Vermont
It's been a busy week here. DS was at camp all week so I planned on cleaning and painting his room but then it rained hard everyday and I realized the paint would never dry..so painting has to wait till some other time.

( :grin: ) Move furniture out of DS's room
( :grin: ) Take down posters and wash all walls
( :grin: ) Scrub the floor
( :grin: ) Clear out dresser drawers of outgrown clothes
( :grin: ) Clean out broken toys and toys no longer played with
( :grin: ) Move furniture back into room and re-arrange
( :grin: ) Mount new shelves

***All this work will save me a step during the holidays as I won't need to do this one room. PHEW!

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Wadeallie -- you did what we should all aim to do!! You saw your opportunity, planned and did it! Most important -- when life got in the way (rain) -- you were philosophical! You celebrated how much you had accomplished, appreciated where it fit into the big picture (holiday prep) -- and didn't get upset that life happened. Good job! :applause:

christmas3

MHH Member
Oct 15, 2007
I have updated my list from Friday. I did not get all of my things done. We did not eat supper at the table so the kitchen did not get cleaned. Started watching the Olympics and forgot about the kitchen. I also did not get everything upstairs that I had hope to accomplish. But there will be another day.

Today has been different. Went to DH's aunt and served lunch to 10 little old ladies. It was one of their birthdays. The luncheon was her gift. She has turning 93 or 94. It was fun. We served 6 courses. It went very nice. After that I went shopping and then to Sam's. I am very tried. We went out to eat for supper. My DD10 unlaoded the dishwasher while I was gone and loaded the dirty dishes from last night in there. She is sooo sweet. I have not checked the dishwasher to see how she did. She has never loaded. She was UNloads it. I am so tired that I am just greatful she did it.

I will have church tomorrow and a baby shower to go to afterwards. I will see you girls tomorrow. You know I have to come here before I can really get my day started.

Chirstmas3

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Christmasx3 - it was so much fun reading about your Saturday! How wonderful to live to your 90's and have ten living friends to celebrate with! Not to mention two angels (you guys) who will make the 6-course luncheon happen!!! And your daughter helping out while you were at the Aunt's house!!! What an incredible day!!!

For our Saturday, my husband and I spent most of it lying around (remember, we have four couches). It was an exhausting week! And - he has golf today!! And I hope to get Christmas things done while he is playing golf!!! Maybe the Saturday rest was good for us!!! (I know it sure felt good. Do not ever think it is a bad thing to get older!! You can look forward to occasional wonderful days of lying around all day when you get old enough!!) :pink: