Today is Rudolph Day!

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Kim Loves Snow

Santa's Elves
Aug 3, 2008
Richmond, Virginia
Today is Rudolph Day for January. Are you doing anything today? Did you partake over the weekend? Please, share if you are doing anything to celebrate the day!

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
Happy Rudy Day!
I have to do a lot of boring cleaning b/c it didn't get done over the weekend but I do plan to go put on a Christmas CD while I work (b/c if I leave the TV on I'll be too busy watching it to work) and maybe a movie today. Also in cleaing out the other day I pull the stack of Christmas magazines out so my plan is to pull out what I want to keep and put into my notebook and hopefully clean that out some and make some notes in my book about last year. I made a small notebook 2 yrs ago that is pocket size and I recently added enough pages/pockets to have one for each month. I want to use that to keep track what I am doing each Rudy day.

housewife2

Premiere Member
Aug 3, 2008
va
i just watched christmas vacation. will watch charlie brown today also after i finish my housework.

Kim Loves Snow

Santa's Elves
Aug 3, 2008
Richmond, Virginia
Since I have none of my Rudy Day supplies with me I explained to DH that today is Rudy day and asked him if he'd like to help me accomplish something - maybe plan the Christmas decorations or plan a Christmas open house...he looked at me like I had lost my mind! LOL I was thinking that I was on my own for Rudy Day today when he said "why don't we look at the gift list since it's on the computer we have here and set up the tracking sheet for 2010?" Could I be converting him?!?!?!?!?!?!

Colleen in PA

Retire Member
Aug 20, 2008
****o everyone, Happy Rudy Day! I am working today, so I "started" yesterday...I went through all of my 2009 holiday magazines and tore out the pages I wanted to keep and put them in my NB. DS(4) and I watched Charlie Brown's Christmas (and Thanksgiving - his favorite). I am hoping to clean out my NB tonight after dinner and maybe listen to a few Christmas CD's.

Kim - that's so awesome that your DH wants to help! My DH just stays out of the way! LOL!

GeeWibble

Premiere Member
Mar 29, 2008
NY
Happy 1st Rudolph Day of 2010! I'm going to go through 2009 Christmas cards, mark who sent in my address list and put the picture ones into a scrapbook page. I'd like to organize my gift closet (it's the bottom part of my clothes closet and I hate it) and maybe find a new spot for it, but that sounds like a work day project not fun day.

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
I'm going to be searching for more homemade gift ideas and compiling lists of supplies and such as I have time throughout the day.

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
Happy Rudy Day!!

I have to work all day, but will do what I can. I am wearing Christmas socks and a red t-shirt. I am hoping to go through some of 2009's magazines this evening. I will watch the Christmas movie that I plan to watch on Wednesday - my next day off.

Have a great day.

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Happy January Rudy Day!

As you know, I do my "Christmas entertaining" throughout the year! It just works better for me that way -- for lots of reasons! So.... last night.... as part of the January Rudy Day Celebration.... we had a special dinner for a family that we love, although they are "family by choice" not "real" family!

It was very relaxed and loving. We talked and ate and watched some of the playoff games. When it was over, I packed up ALL the leftovers and sent them home with the family! (I am getting MORE serious about the weight-loss thing.)

And.... you know what? It was pretty tiring for me... even though it was only two extra adults and two (very delightful) children! I am SO GLAD that I am not loaded with Christmas things to do today. Instead..... I can move at a moderate pace. And do some more Rudy Day Celebrating! (I'll post later about that.)

It is SO MUCH BETTER.. for me to spread the work.... and the expense....... AND the enjoyment.... of "Christmas entertaining" out through the less busy times of the year.

Last edited:

Santa_Elf

Retire Member
Oct 29, 2007
Wylie, TX (NE of Dallas)
I stated Rudy Day yesterday. I bought 'On Strike for Christmas' and read the ENTIRE book. Today I will be working on my list of homemade gifts

Christmaslvr

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
Sebastian, FL
Happy Rudolph Day!! I'll pop in a Christmas movie and go through my notebook. I updated my addresses already, but there may be more I can do. I don't have a lot to buy for at Christmas, so I have no gifts bought that can be organized....

I think I'll just go through my Notebook and my recipes....

Have a great day girls!!

Farmermom4

Retire Member
Nov 1, 2007
Our holiday house in North Idaho
I too am cleaning out my notebook and printing more forms. Will also be finalizing my Rudolph Day list for the year. I have my Christmas socks on, will put a CD in and drink cocoa. It is trying to snow, but we'll have to see about that, lol. Enjoy the day everyone!

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
I work today too. I will put my Santa Figurine out for all to see.

One of the things I want to incorporate on Rudy Days this year is to sit and listen, really listen to a Christmas CD. I bought Andrea Bocelli's Christmas CD and I'm going to listen to it this evening.

Then, I'm going to watch my Christmas movie.

Maybe work on my gift list for 2010.

Should be a nice evening.

Annie

Christmas Girl

Retire Member
Jul 24, 2009
Scotland
I'm sitting watching White Christmas while reading everyones posts - it is my favourite Christmas film
I went today and put £20 on a savings card for my local supermarket - aiming to do this every Rudy day - it should make December a bit easier this year if I can keep it up.

I also bought myself some calligraphy pens today to try and teach myself for writing my Christmas cards this year - Ive always wanted to send beautifully written cards but my penmanship isn't the best. Quite excited about giving it a go!

Hope everyone is having a fantastic day!

beccaw

Retire Member
Jul 22, 2009
Well, I bought my first Christmas present last week, just something I lucked onto that's on sale now. Today I glued together a few candlesticks and hurricanes from the dollar store (got the idea here, http://granvillehouse.blogspot.com/search?updated-max=2009-11-17T23:12:00-06:00&max-results=5 although mine are a smaller size). It's snowing now, so that's putting me in the spirit!

I'm hoping to do a few burlap projects after the kids are in bed, and one will be little ornaments with burlap, some stuffing, and yarn. The idea for them is still floating around in my head, so I'm not sure how they'll turn out! (Could probably find a tutorial on-line, but sometimes winging it is just as fun!)

Other than that I'm reviewing my notebook and updating the information, really focusing on what went well this past Christmas and what I'd like to improve. Hope you are all having a wonderful Rudy day!! :)

Kim Loves Snow

Santa's Elves
Aug 3, 2008
Richmond, Virginia
Beccaw - Love those candlesticks! How clever to come up with such a cost effective version. I was thinking that it might be easy to do the monogram too if you were giving them as gifts and if you had access to a cricut...someone (who - help me out if it was you!) here made a bunch of etched glass from the dollar store for Christmas presents this year. If it was you can you let me and Beccaw know if you did a monogram on some of them? Again, this was a great adaptation - thanks for sharing the link!

SparkleNana - I've enjoyed reading about your eating plan. I too am going to embark on a healthier lifestyle once we return home this weekend. How was the hot chocolate?

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Hi Kim! The hot chocolate really hit the spot! And.... I only drank 2/3 of the cup! This is an important step in weight loss, apparently..... listening to our bodies...... and STOPPING eating and drinking when our bodies say "That's enough!" NOT eating as much as is in front of us..... with no regard to whether we are hungry or not!

momof9

Retire Member
Dec 3, 2007
LALA Land
It's here! Woohooo!
Today, I plan to...

[ ] Paint christmas suncatchers with the kids
[ ] Watch Home Alone with the kids
[ ] Watch Lethal Weapon with my teens (set at Christmas, LOL)
[ ] Watch the Family Stone
[ ] teach a calligraphy lesson
[ ] work on Christmas notebook
[ ] work on NEW recipe book
[ ] make thank you notes with the kids
[ ] make gift tags & Christmas cards
[ ] pack up remaining Christmas items
[ ] inventory the gift closet
[ ] work on lists
[ ] light my Christmasy scented candle

Oh, and thank you Christmasgirl for the calligraphy idea. I have had a calligraphy kit forever and it is part of my girls' homemaking curriculum but never thought of doing it as a Rudy activity!

Last edited: