Today is Rudolph Day!

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
My evening Rudy Day activities are about to begin!

I am going to work on my Valentines Day Exchange Cards while listening to a Christmas CD.

Off I go..........

Annie

ChristmasRose

Retire Member
Oct 14, 2007
Almost at the end of my rope
Today I watched Little Women with Winona Ryder. I love that movie! Love the way their house looks in the Christmas scenes. I neatened up my notebook some, and thought about gifts for this year. Some of the things I want to make just keep rolling over from year to year in my notebook -- can't seem to get around to making them. Maybe I can get going early enough this year to get more done. That's easy to say on the first Rudolph Day of the year, isn't it? Oh, well, hope springs eternal!

ChristmasRose

Retire Member
Oct 14, 2007
Almost at the end of my rope
I forgot to mention that we had a family here for brunch yesterday that we've been trying to get together with since Christmas! We actually exchanged Christmas gifts yesterday! I felt like I should take their gifts out of the Christmas gift bag and put it in a Valentine bag! We had a lovely time. No decorations were left, but it felt like Christmas anyway.

DawnSu

Premiere Member
Sep 8, 2008
Missouri
what a way to get into Rudy Day, with the exchanging gifts...lol

alisonmcg

Retire Member
May 2, 2008
I always celebrate Rudy day with DD9,DH thinks I'm crazy LOL! But we had a lovely Rudy Day and after burning my candle our house smelt so Christmassy. I think for February's Rudy Day I might also put out one of my Christmas ornaments. I have one of Santa standing beside a fireplace so I think I'll use that. DH will think I've finally lost it!

Pumpkinpie

Retire Member
Jan 13, 2010
FL
I can't believe it!

My First Rudolph Day with MHH and I was so busy at work, I forgot! I remembered this morning. I was going to wear Red, watch a Christmas movie last evening and start planning. Instead, I worked all day, went home and cleaned the bathroom, fixed dinner and got ready for today. I did go through the magazines while I was cleaning the bathroom. Gee wiz! I'll have to be more aware next month!

Kim Loves Snow

Santa's Elves
Aug 3, 2008
Richmond, Virginia
Pumpkinpie - You can still do those things today, tomorrow or this weekend! As SparkleNana reminds us - it is the act of doing something Christmassy, not necessarily the day. There is time - join in!

Pumpkinpie

Retire Member
Jan 13, 2010
FL
Well said.

You're absolutely right! I will definitely celebrate Rudolph Day then today or even tomorrow. Maybe both days! I'll wear my Red tomorrow, watch a movie tonight and burn a Christmas candle. Thanks Kim for the suggestion.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
can't believe it has been 1 month since Christmas,. It has been a busy time here. For January Rudy day I sorted through my gift closet and made lists.(Don't you love lists)?
I already have quite a bit in the closet for stockings as I have been stocking up on non perishables such as deodorants and shampoos, bubblebath etc.
Looked back at my notebook for last year and asked the kids what they liked/disliked about their stockings and gifts. Got some useful feedback.
All in all a very productive Rudy day for me.

momof9

Retire Member
Dec 3, 2007
LALA Land
[x] Paint christmas suncatchers with the kids
[x] Watch Home Alone with the kids
[x] Watch Lethal Weapon with my teens (set at Christmas, LOL)
[x] Watch the Family Stone
[ ] teach a calligraphy lesson
[x] work on Christmas notebook
[ ] work on NEW recipe book
[ ] make thank you notes with the kids
[ ] make gift tags & Christmas cards
[x] pack up remaining Christmas items
[ ] inventory the gift closet
[x] work on lists
[x] light my Christmasy scented candle

not a very productive rudy day but i am sick so I am still proud of what I did

Christmaslvr

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
Sebastian, FL
[x] Paint christmas suncatchers with the kids
[x] Watch Home Alone with the kids
[x] Watch Lethal Weapon with my teens (set at Christmas, LOL)
[x] Watch the Family Stone
[ ] teach a calligraphy lesson
[x] work on Christmas notebook
[ ] work on NEW recipe book
[ ] make thank you notes with the kids
[ ] make gift tags & Christmas cards
[x] pack up remaining Christmas items
[ ] inventory the gift closet
[x] work on lists
[x] light my Christmasy scented candle

not a very productive rudy day but i am sick so I am still proud of what I did

Looks to me like you celebrated nicely!! Hope you're feeling better soon!

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
I agree, Christmaslvr -- momof9 had a pretty incredible Rudy Day!!!!!

I've discovered that I don't want rudy Day to be over. Maybe I'll be able to do a little bit more today...... AND....... they are predicting snow for this weekend!

Colleen in PA

Retire Member
Aug 20, 2008
momof9 - that's a VERY productive Rudy Day!!! I hope you're feeling better.

As it happens, we had a blackout last night and after securing both boys in the TV room, I ran around the house gathering candles -wouldn't you know - they were all CHRISTMAS-scented candles. My 4yo was so excited. he said, "See, Mommy, Christmas isn't over yet!" ;)

momof9

Retire Member
Dec 3, 2007
LALA Land
Thanks for caring everyone. I thought I was feeling better today and tried to run some errands. I ended up sicker! I have a feeling though that I just need one night's good sleep and I will feel better.