UH-OH!!!!!

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

momof2boys

MHH Member
Nov 18, 2007
I am soooo mad at myself! I was on my way to work yesturday, left early b/c of the road condition being icy. I lost control of my car and wrecked my car. I am fine but my car has around $4000.00 in damages. Thank goodness for insurance, getting a rental car and I have a $500 deductible, but I am so mad at myself for doing this right before christmas. I know I have so much more to be thankful for. I have a great supportive dh and keeps reminding me that everything is going to be okay, but I cant help but be mad!! Oh and I got lucky and the sheriff did not give me a citation. He lost control of his cruiser when he came up on the accident. If had not lost control of his car I am sure he would have given me a ticket!!!!

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
Thank goodness you are okay. Yes it is horrible that it happened right before Christmas but don't blame yourself. ICE is horrible to drive on and almost impossible to control your car on. There really was nothing you could do. As the officer that responded found out for himself.

Holiday Joy

MHH Member
Nov 4, 2007
Oh, momof2boys, I'm so sorry to hear about your accident! And especially before Christmas. But praise God you are okay! And, that you know it really isn't your fault after all. There was really nothing you could do, as evidenced by the officer. You have a great, supportive husband and insurance, and NO CITATION, which is very nice, too!

Christysue

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
Glad you are safe. There is nothing to be angry at yourself for, there is no controlling anything on ice. Ice is terrible stuff, we are dealing with about an inch of the stuff now.

I am soooo happy you are safe and alive!!! SO many people have died because of the ice storms...I think I heard on the news at least 27 deaths being blamed on the ice!!! Be EXTREMELY thankful to be here for another wonderful holiday season with your family and pray your guardian angel guides you with many more to come!!!

skynyrdfan

Retire Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern Illinois
Luckily you are safe! I know what you mean, though, the timing is all off for disaster to strike. Any other time of year is inconvenient too, but right around the holidays stinks.

And your DH sounds like a wonderful man!

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
My heart goes out to you. I'm glad you are fine. Glad the sheriff found out for himself that it was icy too.

Next time it's icy please stay home. No job is worth an accident.

momof2boys

MHH Member
Nov 18, 2007
Thanks for the support guys!!!! That's what bites about my job.....I enjoy my job as hard as it can be sometimes......working in hospice......but we are on the road a lot. It is amazing how things work out sometimes. we got the deductible taken care of with out taking away from christmas!!!!! That takes a huge weight off my shoulders.