Unusual Ways of Entertaining

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
We are having an unusual dinner party tonight.

Two of our grandchildren are coming over for dinner (while their parents go out to dinner. We will bring the kids home at 8:30 or 9:00, so they can go to bed.) Well, we decided to invite two sets of neighborhood children over to have dinner with our grandchildren. All-Fun-Menu of guaranteed kid pleasing food! And plenty of it. Video games and computer games. (Although the two girls in the group usually prefer to watch the Disney Channel on TV.) It is fun for everyone. But the people who enjoy it the most are the two sets of parents who get a Friday night dinner without the kids, and time to unwind before the weekend starts.

Trouble? Not a bit.

How about you? Any unusual entertaining this summer>

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Love this! It's great for the parents, the grandkids and the grandparents! It's a very nice gesture.

mommytotwo

Retire Member
Oct 12, 2007
Sounds like a fun way for the parents to get some free time, and for you to enjoy some company.

Cathymac

Super Moderator
Oct 10, 2007
Arkansas-Go Razorbacks! Whoo Pig Sooie!
I think that's great! It sounds like fun for all!

I think the only half way unique thing we are considering this summer is having DS's 7th birthday party at the lake instead of at home...with a cookout (burgers and dogs), skiing and tubing, fishing and of course birthday cake! I am working on the ligistics of that right now...

I'll be thinking of some more fun ideas for unusual parties...