v day

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

oimom

Retire Member
Oct 15, 2007
Savannah GA
I've briefly started thinking about.My man's bday is feb 6th so I make them both special.He loves real chocolate covered cherries with the stem from Savannah Sweets .I always get him those along with something else.

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
My DH's birthday is also February 6th but he'll be in Korea so not sure what i'm doing.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
MrsSoup,
One the the best Birthday parties I attended was one that the "birthday person" did not attend. We were stationed in Germany and a friend had a brother in the states. They invited a large group of people to celebrate his brother's birthday. They taped the event including opening of the gifts. Then they packed everything up and mailed it to him.

You could do this with your family. Have a party before his birthday. Tape it and then mail him the tape and the gifts. Include a big "wish you were here" message too.

Holiday Joy

MHH Member
Nov 4, 2007
I love the idea of the video birthday party! If you both have access to webcams, you could do a real time party over the internet. You'd have to work around the time difference, but maybe it could work.

DS will be 15 the 5 days before Valentine's Day. I try to refrain from much pink and white decorating before his birthday. I had a female co-worker who said she always hated having to have her cake, decorations, etc. correspond with the Valentine's theme, so it must be worse for a guy :) . Anything overly pink, heart-shaped and lacy comes out the day after his Birthday.

Twinkle

Retire Member
Oct 25, 2007
My DH bday is Feb 19th- I am thinking of doing a week of romance starting on Valentines day eve- Last year I was going to do a little gift each day in Feb but I forgot to start it :slap: maybe I can handle a week, he loves candles, chocolates and anything romantic so it should be easy.

Holiday Joy

MHH Member
Nov 4, 2007
Wow, Twinkle, your DH makes it kind of easy for you! How wonderful to have a hubby who loves romantic things! My DH is middle of the road on this. He appreciates thoughtful gestures, but doesn't eat chocolates and sweets. Scented candles bother him. Romancing hiim is not quite so easy.

Twinkle

Retire Member
Oct 25, 2007
yes I am lucky on that one- he is also a big kid (remote cars, hand held games) loves to cook & bake and I have been neglecting on the romance so I need to make his bday/vday a good one: so yes I am definately going to do week of romance- I will post my ideas (well the ones I can ;) ) when I get hem together.

LadyEvenstar

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southeastern PA
My DH has his birthday on Valentine's Day so VDay does kind of get lost in the shuffle. I only have so many good ideas (and money) to go around. I'll be on the lookout for some good ideas here on this site.