Valentine's day menu

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Ok, here goes: DD has dancing lessons from 6 to 7:30 so unfortunately supper has to be a little bit fast (plus I work all day).

So here's what I'm planning (but I have to go to the grocery store... better find the time!!!)

Entrée: fondue parmesan with a little bit of salad and small tomatoes (kids love this)
Main course: Cranberry Chicken
INGREDIENTS:
· 4 to 6 boneless chicken breast halves, skin removed (or in my case a whole chicken)
· 1 can whole cranberry sauce
· 2/3 cup chili sauce
· 2 tablespoons cider vinegar (optional - I don't have any so I skip this)
· 2 tablespoons brown sugar
· 1 package dry (Lipton) golden onion soup mix
PREPARATION:
Place chicken breasts in the slow cooker/Crock Pot. Combine remaining ingredients; add to the slow cooker/Crock Pot, coating chicken well. Cover and cook on low 6 to 8 hours.
Serves 4 to 6.

Desert: chocolate fondue with pears, apples, bananas and strawberries.

... and food coloring in the glasses (wine glasses) filled with water just like grown-ups!
:jumpinghearts:

I think I am going to try your crockpot chicken recipe. Not on Valentines but another day. I will have to leave the spices out because I have been diagnosed with acid reflux and have been eating really bland,,,,The recipe sounds great though, I love the idea of chicken and cranberry sauce together. Thanks for posting!!

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Terrylee5151,
I have problems too and the "naturopathe" has given me a breakfast recipe that neutralizes acids... I must say in the 1st week my stomach aches were reduced by half and even more following that.
Here it is
1/2 cup of millet (I know birds eat this too). You rince really well with cold water.
1,5 cups of water
4 to 6 fresh dates
Bring everything to a boil and cook for 20 minutes (be careful it doesn't stick to the bottom of the pan).
Pass everything in the blender.
You can add honey or maple syrup.
I must say I'm not a great lover for the taste but it's really good for the stomach, for acid and also for diabetes (omit the sugar).

momof2boys

MHH Member
Nov 18, 2007
I make this chicken also but just use the cranberry and onion soup mix- next time I willl try adding the chili powder for extra kick-

your dinner sounded wonderful. we also had to run to ds wrestling practice so ours was also needing to be quick and easy. I went with the traditional spaghetti and red velvet cake. I never thought of putting this in the crockpot. great idea!!!

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
,,,,, oops... it chili sauce and not chili powder (the taste won't be the same)... and it was a success. the kids and DH loved it.