Vicki's Christmas Jars

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
Hey....member Vicki made the front page with her Christmas Jars...check out the article here:

http://magicalholidayhome.com/?p=30

I was thinking also that the jars could be be made as a Valentine's Day gift. I think they would look super cute in red and pink...don't you???

MissyToes

Retire Member
Oct 14, 2007
VERY cute! :jumpinghearts: I couldn't tell though-I saw that "Gil" was put on the ornament itself-what about the other names-were they suspended somehow? Or were they attached on the outside of the jars?

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
Vicki could tell you better than I but I think they are those self stick tiles and I believe they are inside the jar....ummm attached to the object???

I am thinking about using a slightly smaller jar and creating a Valentine's one....but you know me...I always HAVE big plans....who has ACTION for their 2008 word....I need to borrow it!!!

Holiday Joy

MHH Member
Nov 4, 2007
I think Vickie explains how she put the jars together on her website. She has some gorgeous stuff on there. She's obviously a very talented and creative person! I love the ideas of having a jar like this to represent each family member's interests and hobbies.

jackfrosty said:
These would also be a nice way to remember those not with you anymore-at Christmas or anytime-I LOVE the vintage look of them-great job!

I love that idea. I might make ones representing my grandmother's favorites but not sure how some relatives might react....I'll have to think this one through!!

I usually buy the jars of ruby red grapefruit in the produce section and have been saving them lately,,,,they actually have some cup and half cup measurement markers on the side of the 24 ounce jars!! I am going to use some to store some chicken stock in this week but as I buy more I now have a new use for them!!!

Rackandrollgal

MHH Member
Dec 22, 2007
Great Smoky Mountains
Wow, how adorable. :applause:

JackFrosty: I love the idea of doing a "memory" jar. I might steal that one, if you don't mind!