Village Hall 60 Yr Anniversary

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

welshbabe

Retire Member
Dec 29, 2007
Hi -I just KNOW you'll alll have great ideas!!

Our village hall is 60 this June and we're having alarge B.B.Q

The B.B.Q. is outsid ethe hall with people coming in to eat etc.

I've made bunting with picture of Hall & 60yrs etc on it and have Union Jack flags. We'll also put on a small display of old photo's and plans.

We've found the original raffle list of prizes which we'll be re-creating - a bit of artistic license needed as it was mostly 'chicken, goose, duck, rabbits, cigarettes' etc!! I've bought little ornaments of most things (and choc candy cigarettes!) and will fasten them to the 'proper' raffle prizes for a bit of fun.

Anyhow I was wondering if anyone had any ideas about decorating tables etc? I have those perspex picture holders which I sometimes put old photos on (the ones with a wire holder on top of a cube) - I did the school badge once for a reunion.

Anyhow some different input would be appreciated.

Thanks

Gidget

Premiere Member
Nov 24, 2007
Boston
Greetings,

You have done such a fantastic job with the planned deorations thus far I hesitate to add anything, but here goes. If you are looking for table coverings, perhaps you could coordinate the colours with the Union Jack. Also, how about some fresh seasonal flowers -- always a nice touch, and could be given away at the end of the function.

Such lovely plans you have made ....

Gidget-

welshbabe

Retire Member
Dec 29, 2007
Hi Gidget - thanks for the input - actually the Union Jack theme soudns very nice - white table cloths with red centre stipres perhaps? ANd with 60s sprinkles!

Someone mentioned today about games and stuff to keep kids amused (!) - yikes! Someone suggested face painting and possibly having a jive or other dance group to give a display.
Any other ideas of what should go on??