Weather Getting Cooler - Magical

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
It will only get up to 80 degrees today! Practically freezing! PLUS - it is raining - with that cozy sound of being inside while it is raining outside!!! I am feeling very festive and holidayish! How about you?

Pam Spaur

Premiere Member
Jul 17, 2008
Muncie, IN
It isn't that cool here. We are supposed to get to 85 today!! :haha: But, I have had a migraine for two days (it is starting to let up now) and at the moment, I am freezing!! But I am looking forward to next week and being on vacation. I will definiitely be thinking fall thoughts!!

:bigsnow: :haha:

Kim Loves Snow

Santa's Elves
Aug 3, 2008
Richmond, Virginia
I'm working from home today and it was raining very hard this morning and I loved it. It's not raining anymore but it's still fairly cloudy. It was a great morning to sit on the couch and uh, work. I am trying really hard to focus on work, but I'm so excited about it almost being September I can hardly stand it!

Temperature wise it is humid but only in the high 70's. After today the temps jump back up to the high 80's again. :frown: I'm so ready for summer to go away!

thechristmasnut

Retire Member
Jun 30, 2008
Columbus, Ohio
Kim Loves Snow said:
Temperature wise it is humid but only in the high 70's. After today the temps jump back up to the high 80's again. :frown: I'm so ready for summer to go away!

Thats how its been here today.... Im ready for summer to be over too glad to see Im not the only one.... :haha:

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Weather here has been getting cooler. Looks like rain could come in yet. Has been foggy in the evenings and getting dark earlier already. Kinda cool in the house----I have that crockpot pumpkin pie pudding cooking.

Pam Spaur

Premiere Member
Jul 17, 2008
Muncie, IN
Lana said:
Weather here has been getting cooler. Looks like rain could come in yet. Has been foggy in the evenings and getting dark earlier already. Kinda cool in the house----I have that crockpot pumpkin pie pudding cooking.

When will it be ready, Lana, so we can all come over for some? YUMMO! :party: :rotflol:

:bigsnow:

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
Our weather was getting cooler and then it shot back up the past few days. The thermometer on my van this afternoon said 100 degrees. It is very, very warm outside. I had to turn on my air. I'm hoping it will start to cool back down again soon.

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
MrsSoup - the biggest cause of premature labor is dehydration. It is so easy for little children, pregnant women, old people - for anyone to get dehydrated. Please keep your precious family well hydrated with lots of wager. Sodas, coffee, any caffine drink is actually dehydrating! We all need lots of water! :grouphug:

FrostyShimmer

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
I love these cooler mornings. I love starting every morning with a reminder that Fall is on its way. It still hits 25 or 26 in the afternoon though.

aggy

Santa's Elves
Oct 11, 2007
Baltimore, Maryland
MrsSoup said:
Our weather was getting cooler and then it shot back up the past few days. The thermometer on my van this afternoon said 100 degrees. It is very, very warm outside. I had to turn on my air. I'm hoping it will start to cool back down again soon.

The weather here has been lovely for over a week and it's been raining since yesterday. However, I heard the weatherman say that the temps will be going back up to the high 80's in a few days. Goodbye 'fall-like' weather :frown:

Noelsmommy

Santa's Elves
Our weather has been on the cooler side here to (NJ). But the best part is the leaves are falling alot! We have had little rain (I guess thats not to good) so the leaves are just falling.

I am sooo ready for fall!! Bring it on!

Kelly :jack:

chilli

Premiere Member
Dec 27, 2007
Austria - Europe
It is also getting cooler here...
Especially in the evenings where you already need a sweater.
And it is getting dark faster (appr. 8:00 pm at the moment; in June/July it is
09:30pm)

I love it!!!

Chilli

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
A high of 91 here today...

:frown:

But it looks like that will be the peak - down into highs in the mid 70's and lows in the 50's after that.

Which will be lovely!

I couldn't bring myself to decorate for fall when it was so stinkin' hot this weekend. Maybe next week...

:cool:

iluv2scrap

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Michigan
www.facebook.com
Going to be hot here today, 90, and suppose to be hot most of the week. I'm going to wait for it to get a little cooler then i'm going to do some fall decorating, not much because i dont have a whole lot but i'm going to hit the dollar store and budget in a few items.

HolidayAngel

Retire Member
Oct 18, 2007
It was really cold today. down right chilly, perfect sweater weather, rainy also. Temps are supposed to be in the mid to lower 70's the next week. I might start putting up fall decorations next weekend if it stays cool

LSW

Retire Member
Nov 22, 2007
We didn’t have a great summer, it wasn’t particularly warm and it rained a lot – which is pretty usual for the UK (I’m in Northern Ireland). It’s considerably cooler this week though. Since Monday the temperature just dropped, its 15 celsius here today which I guess is about 59F. You can feel a real nip in the air – and I love it! It’s also getting darker a lot earlier now, which I also love!

Oh how I love autumn and winter!

:-D

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
We are actually backwards here (Australia). We have just entered spring and it is great to have the windows open and to enjoy the longer days. Love this time of year, but soon will be complaining about how hot it is. Long hot summer ahead of us here.

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
Gustav brought us cooler temps than normal. DH and I could actually work in the storage shed and strighten up some without melting while it was in the lower 70s. I dug through the fall decorations and decorated around the front door during the milder temps.
I got out the extension pole we use to hang Christmas lights while we were working in the shed. I asked DH if he would think I was crazy if I asked if we could go ahead and string the trees with the Christmas lights :confused: . He said definitely!!! I told him we wouldn't have to light them, just hang them in the trees; it's just 10 weeks or so 'til they'll go up anyway! :grin: Alas, he would not relent. LOL