Week 1: Get organized

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

mummytummy

Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
Perth WA
:snowball: my planner is ready, master gift list written out just got to decide on the gifts. Good start to day 1 week 1 i think:)

teachermomof2

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 27, 2007
PA
I just dug my planner out...have to work on updating it and get it organized.

beccaw

Retire Member
Jul 22, 2009
So excited! Had my coffee in my Snowman mug this morning... even thought it's 70 today. :)
My notebook is ready to go and I'm starting to check off my lists. I just love this time of year!

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
printed out the sheets for this yesterday and am working on my card list. Have had my gift list so get organized week is off to a good start

zchristy

Santa's Elves
I'm already ahead of the game and through the organization phase and already almost done shopping. ;) But my sister has a preemie baby in the NICU, so I may end up having to do some shopping later for her and my Mom.

Looking forward to getting my daily reminders from facebook this year too!

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
This week is all Halloween for me but watch out next week :) The halloween stuff goes back up in the attic & the Christmas stuff comes down in the basement for a few weeks before being put up :)

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
I am doing the Christmas Countdown as well as the HHP. I am off to a great start this week.

DebbiGall

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Yippie today is the day! The official first day of Christmas for me The count down has begun!!
Time to drag out the planner and get with the program.
My planner is up to date and ready to go.
card list is up to date and ready to go.
My Countdown Calendar is printed and in my book
Master gift list and gift innovatory done
Halloween decor is up!
I'm ready to go.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
http://christmas.organizedhome.com/christmas-countdown/get-organized-week

I make it! I make the promise to spend 15 minutes per day!!! :)

Thanks to HGP and early efforts in general, I am looking pretty good on Get Organized week. However I really DO need to make a decision about a Christmas photo of DS.

Money is tight right now so I need to talk about our options with DH. I don't want to wait to the last minute and then not be able to do it!!!

I can't believe the countdown has started already! Yipee!!!

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
Today's daily message is to make your Christmas planner. I have the pages printed out and really need to transfer it to my purse calendar so I have it there also. That is my goal for tonight.

norskelf

Retire Member
Sep 9, 2010
Rock Hill, SC
It's here and I am so excited. I love the new pages. I've been using the plan since 2005 so it is nice to have a newer look on the same great pages. I am thinking of adding more dividers to my notebook and creating a whole new notebook for Thanksgiving.

aggy

Santa's Elves
Oct 11, 2007
Baltimore, Maryland
http://christmas.organizedhome.com/christmas-countdown/get-organized-week

I make it! I make the promise to spend 15 minutes per day!!! :)

Thanks to HGP and early efforts in general, I am looking pretty good on Get Organized week. However I really DO need to make a decision about a Christmas photo of DS.

Money is tight right now so I need to talk about our options with DH. I don't want to wait to the last minute and then not be able to do it!!!

I can't believe the countdown has started already! Yipee!!!

Maybe you and DH can take your own photos of your DS. Luludou posted a thread about ways to take pictures with leaves. Maybe you all could spend a day out somewhere and with a digital camera have a photo session, all while having fun. Maybe visit a tree farm or playing in the snow - something like that. That's what I'm doing this year. I found some really cute photocards in Dollar Tree last year to put my photos in. And you can get prints of your pictures at reasonable prices at places like Target, Walgreens, Walmart, CVS, etc.

Laney

Retire Member
Jan 5, 2008
St. Louis, MO
Well, I fell off of the bandwagon for the Houseworks Holiday Plan, so maybe I need to pick back up with the Christmas Countdown! Here's to a new start!!

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
yeah I vaguly am on the HGP and HHP but am working on this one also. One of the 3 has to stick. ha ha

Today's challenge:
Set up a Story book advent calendar- get 24 Christmas themed books, wrap them and number. Put the books in a basket or some where else. Have you and the kiddos read one each night.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Thanks for the photo idea, aggy! :)

Ironically we live in the middle of a tree nursery - but current circumstances have left us at odds with the owner's son and I don't think we'll be taking photos anywhere on their land any time soon! lol

But I'm sure we could find somewhere to go! I'll talk to DH and see if he thinks we can try to go somewhere this Sunday... Thanks again!