Week 10: Family Room

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Winged One

Retire Member
Sep 2, 2008
Fluttering happily in the clouds!!
Family room is kind of a mess, but as much because stuff from DD's room is there while builders are in. So we can't do much there.

However, I am not doing too bad otherwise. I got a few more non-perishables and boxes of sweets and biscuits (for work) at the weekend. And I also picked up a Santa dinner set for DD (it's melamine so good for her) and plastic glasses for us all.

I need to update presents list, but I think there is good progress there. I am going to abandon the lap rug for this year - won't get it finished. But I will make a scarf for DH's aunt instead as the wool for that is chunky so will fly up.

I think we have decided to travel for Christmas itself, so that is another decision made and some bit less organinsing for me to have to do (as I won't have to cook).

Time is really flying by now!

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Okay, I am actually already done with the Family Room for this week! Which is really good since I have leftover tasks from the last TWO weeks!

Completed Family Room Tasks:

Dust ceiling, lights for cobwebs
Clean fans
Dust/Polish mantle
Dust all shelves, books, columns, etc.
Windex all mirrors, windows, etc.
Dust bottles
Empty, clean and refill bar drawers (re-org, relocate, donate as needed)
Empty, clean and refill under sink area
Clean bar tops
Clean bar chairs, including legs and feet pads
Clean bar microwave
Vacuum floor

Make Up List From Last Two Weeks :rolleyes:

- Pull out fridge, vacuum behind, underneath, etc.
- Finish cleaning kitchen blinds
- Spot clean fronts of cupboards and appliances
- Dust all canned goods in basement pantry, checking for any expired items
- Reorganize contents of deep freeze, noting items as needed on inventory
- Clean out and refill office closet
- Polish silver

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Update on Tasks ... :)

Make Up List From Last Two Weeks

- Pull out fridge, vacuum behind, underneath, etc.
[X] Finish cleaning kitchen blinds
- Spot clean fronts of cupboards and appliances
- Dust all canned goods in basement pantry, checking for any expired items
- Reorganize contents of deep freeze, noting items as needed on inventory
[X] Clean out and refill office closet
[X] Polish silver

Oh, and I forgot to say before that Christmas Cards are done too! Just waiting to pop in pictures of DS - once I get them taken/printed!!! Which is a whole OTHER challenge!

Winged One

Retire Member
Sep 2, 2008
Fluttering happily in the clouds!!
I have actually started the scarf for DH Aunt - and gotten over a foot knitted already. It is chunky wool on large needles so should fly up, but at least it's now started.

Need to crack on though - Starbucks have their red cups out (I know they were'nt out on Wed here, but got one this morning!) and there is a new design this year which I like!

Updated list, and added a couple of more small bits. I got a SMS from mom on Wednesday too with results of the Secret Santa draw (huh?! I didn't know we were doing it!) and I got one of my sis's (again - that's twice of the 3 years I got her!) - luckily, she is the one I was furthest on in completing (I may have to add something extra now, perhaps, but I am more or less there).

House is chaos, but the builders are reasonably clean so it's not as bad as it could be....

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Status of Make Up List - :)

- Pull out fridge, vacuum behind, underneath, etc. - Still waiting on this one, need DH to help!

- Spot clean fronts of cupboards and appliances - No progress yet! Will try to do a bit here and there as I go along...

- Dust all canned goods in basement pantry, checking for any expired items - I have decided that since no one sees my canned goods and since it is pretty good shape anyway I am officially skipping this step this year! lol

- Reorganize contents of deep freeze, noting items as needed on inventory - I will be attempting to do this tonight! I'm really starting to load the freeze with baby food and other misc. meals and meal components so I need to get organized and make the most use of the space!!!

Colleen in PA

Retire Member
Aug 20, 2008
AuntJamelle - you are awesome! I am so impressed with all that you accomplish each week with a little one! I have 2 little guys at home and it seems like every time I "organize" something, it becomes their new favorite area to trash! LOL! Keep up the great work!

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Colleen in PA - Thanks for the kind words! :) I try to get alot done - but I think my saving grace right now is that I can plop the little guy into his bouncy or exo-saucer while I work in the same room.

Once he is past that stage I am really going to be in trouble! LOL