Week 11: Garage/Storage

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Subbing our downstairs bathroom for this week on the HGP - which is a nice, quick and easy room! :)

Planning on knocking it out after DS goes to sleep this Thursday night.

Tonight is a late night trip to the grocery store and I have baby food making sessions on the agenda the next two nights this week.

If possible, I will spend some time in the unfinished area of our basement too. It is our storage area and could use some TLC.

I want to get things tidied so I can easily get to all my totes of Christmas decorations!

Winged One

Retire Member
Sep 2, 2008
Fluttering happily in the clouds!!
Garden shed is definitely getting ignored until the spring - sorry but no one will see the chaos and too much else is going on.

The storage unit is organised so ignoring that too (I was methodical when filling it).

This week, I will concentrate on pressing the builders to finish quickly (baked muffins to keep them sweet tonight!), keep the family fed and the house from falling down. Maybe knit a bit more.

We managed (DD and I) to make 8 Santas and 4 Snowmen from 2 finger kitkats, for DD to give to her buddies in school and creche. Nice, and even DH was impressed!

Otherwise, nothing much to report, except perhaps starting writing the cards, and buying the stamps (they were launched today).

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Slight update on my catch up tasks:

Reorganize contents of deep freeze, noting items as needed on inventory - DONE! :)

And lo and behold - I have room in my freezers again!

Still planning to work on downstairs bathroom this Thursday...

Also plan to buy holiday postage stamps this week!

Winged One

Retire Member
Sep 2, 2008
Fluttering happily in the clouds!!
OK, I have NOT made it to the post office (I had planned on stopping in as I had a meeting in a building beside one yesterday - but the weather made me late arriving, and my new staff member accompanied me back to go to another meeting, so it wasn't REALLY a good idea, even if it only took 2 minutes).

I have also NOT managed to buy batteries (I want to get AA size onse for my Christmas lights for work, and some C and AAA size for at home).

However, I DID get to the fabric store for some fusible interfacing for making DD's owl cushion. And while I was there, I found some lovely brushed cotton fabric, so I finally succumbed and bought a pattern for kids pyjamas, with enough fabric for PJs for DD and DNephew. If I manage to make those, I will buy a second length of "boy" fabric for DN#2. But I'll concentrate on making DD's first (I got a nice yellow that, while spots rather than pictures, should go nicely with the duvet cover I made in a Disney patterned fabric). Oops, just realised I forgot to get some plain cotton to make a pillowcase from, just using the remnants of the duvet fabric for trimming.

Oh, well, at least I can legitimately have the machine out over the weekend on the owl, do PJ's late at night, and hopefully get a good result before next week!

I also managed to knit an extra 3 feet onto DH's aunt's scarf. And I got a nice button today for it, as it won't quite make a long scarf, so I will make it into a "buttons neatly around your neck" type instead (must remember to make a button hole in last few rows). If I find nice grey felt, I will make a flower to put over that for decoration (I have some lovely beads for a centre) and it will button underneath. I think. (Creative juices don't always flow so well with me).

Otherwise, I picked up some little sleigh bells, to use in crafts. And I got a stamp of lovely Christmas sentiments which I can use for inside my handmade cards.

THe house is still chaos, but there is good progress being made internally at least. We have had bad winds the past few days, so the roofers haven't been able to go up ( but at least the half-finished roof is still on the house!!).

And as it's been an extremely hectic week at work, I am glad to have accomplished those little tasks this week. I think there might be a small gap in the workload next week, but I am not too hopeful, so the fact that I hvae things in the ift closet already is very welcome now (mostly so I don't feel guilty for abandoning the (many) crafting plans I have already put aside for next year).