Week 13: Dining Room

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Winged One

Retire Member
Sep 2, 2008
Fluttering happily in the clouds!!
This week, I am planning on mainly a crafting week, but also some purchasing, some cleaning and some gentle stressing out!!

The builders still aren't gone (and don't look like they will be by the weekend), so I can't deep clean yet. I spent a good part of yesterday generally cleaning and decluttering as it was starting to get to me.

I am making progress in crafting - in that I have been cutting out lots and getting things ready to sew. I then need to set up the machine and the ironing board for 1-2 nights of sewing, which should see a LOAD of things done. I have 3 crayon rolls, 2 "taggie" blankets, 1 dollie blanket and a mini-tote bag all cut and ready to sew. I have just finalised the pattern for stockings (I have 10 to make) and I need to cut out a pillowcase. Finally, once all those are done, I have another few things that just need a little hand sewing to finish (4 facecloths, 2 more crayon rolls, a duvet cover, a scarf). I think, once those are done, I will focus on cooking crafting for a few days before seeing if I can face tackling sewing pyjamas.

Otherwise, I need to buy a book for FIL, and I think the rest of my shopping is done. Apart from a MASSIVE grocery shop that I will do in 2 weeks time - I am going up North for the day, and I will stock up my cupboards for a couple of months. And I will probably leave the DS for DD until then too (I think the prices are better there for that also).

What are your plans this week?

Winged One

Retire Member
Sep 2, 2008
Actually, while I am taking a reality check this week, I don't have Thanksgiving to worry about and as I can't deep clean (and WILL be getting in a cleaning company for the worst of it anyway), then I can allow myself some more crafting time as a way to lose and distract myself from the chaos around me!

DD has been reading Christmas stories at bedtime for weeks, but we will watch "The Santa Clause 2" next weekend.

Winged One

Retire Member
Sep 2, 2008
Well, I made some progress after all, despite it not looking like I would. The builders still aren't gone, but they shuold finish sometime this week.

I got 6 stockings fully completed last night, and the final 3 just need a tiny bit of handsewing (2 hanging tags are too thick for the machine, and the 3rd needs the cuffs of the old shirt that was its basis to be tidied up together at the foldover cuff).

I also got the ribbons for the taggies ironed and pinned onto the fleece, so I only have to do a seam around the edges to attach those, pin on the other side, seam those together, turn right side out and finish opening. Should take less than an hour.

The weather has put paid to any plans for a trip up north, (combined with a need to finish a form for promotion in work - which is complicated!) - so I got the book for FIL and the DS for DD during the week.

The snow and ice which kept us homebound for a couple of days really heightened the frustrations with the chaos in the house, but we got out at the weekend for a bit and we're all back to work and school today. Off to check what needs doing this week.

Wings