Week 9: Pantry/Closet

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
I'm struggling ladies, I really am! HGP always gets hard around this point for me and this year is NO exception!

But I am going to continue with my attitude of something is better than nothing and if I don't get it ALL done the world won't end! :)

Okay, here is my to-do list for this week! Keep in mind I am bleeding over from Kitchen week as well...

- Dust/Wipe down top of fridge
- Pull out fridge, vacuum behind, underneath, etc.
- Finish cleaning blinds
- Clean out inside of fridge
- Spot clean fronts of cupboards and appliances
- Dust all canned goods in basement pantry, checking for any expired items
- Reorganize contents of deep freeze, noting items as needed on inventory
- Clean out and refill downstairs closet
- Clean out and refill office closet

Holiday Tasks This Week:

- Continue work on Christmas Cards

DawnSu

Premiere Member
Sep 8, 2008
Missouri
I have
cleaned fridge out, top & inside.
cleaned on top of cabinets
took every single thing out of pantry & organized again. seperated, and sorted all baking things, made my list what I needed, for Thanksgiving..
I am with u AuntJamelle I struggle at this time.. I get overwhelmed but do what U can do.. I open my doors, & look at what others c, and make sure I get it first...

Good Luck to all

Winged One

Retire Member
Sep 2, 2008
Fluttering happily in the clouds!!
I did the kitchen cupboards a few weeks back, but I sorted the closet under the stairs on Monday (coats, winter woolies, and general mess). And I also managed to get another carload sorted and brought to the storage unit (the building work starts next Monday - I think I'm mad!!) as well as another bag into the bin and another LARGE load brought to the recycling centre.

Christmsa wise - I am slowly getting more sorted but I still have a fair bit to do. I have organised more presents (I think I have over half now complete), and I got 2 birds for the "Bride's Box" for a tree for the first 2 weddings (there are now 2 engaged couples, another building a house together, and a fourth that I expect to hear bells for shortly also!). I have finished 14, and I am well under way for another 11. I have to spend some time crafting tonight though - sewing crayon rolls, a couple of tote bags for boys, and an owl cushion for DD. Dollie clothes and blankets can wait (and see if I find time), as can decorations sets.

Oops, I also have to make chutney this week and mincemeat, so that they mature.

I actually don't have a lot left to buy though - a hoodie for DBro, a pack of scented nightlights (to go with candleholders already bought) for Mum, bits and pieces of paper, markers, stickers etc for one DSis, I have 4 people I have no ideas for yet, and I have a lot of food bits already made for hampers for 3 couples - but I need to buy a few things right at Christmas (like cheese and biscuits) but also a couple of things to make.

Cleaning will be mostly abandoned for a few weeks while the builders are in, and we'll get it professionally done once they leave. Just nicely timed, I hope!!

Lastly, I want to spend some time starting my cards this week, as it won't be long before I have to post off a few overseas! Yikes!!

Starting to see Christmas in the shops now though - properly! And with the unseasonably cold weather we're having, that is making it feel incredibly close!

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
Hmmmm ... kind of slacked. It always happens to me.

But I will also be positive!

I did have a gift bin and mostly kept up with writing in things in my Christmas Notebook, but a few things got tossed in thinking, "I'll get to it." But I never did. So, yes, the other day, pulled out the bin, wrote up what gift went to who, put gifts in paper grocery sacks with names printed on them.

Pretty organized for me! :)

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
aggy - LOL...well when you put it THAT way I feel pretty good!

DawnSu - I am right there with you on the approach of looking for things guests will see and focusing there first!

I did get a couple of things done last night!

Top of the fridge and the inside of the fridge are now done!!! Will keep trying to sneak in these tasks here and there and we'll see how it goes!

I'm started to get really excited for Christmas and that helps my mojo! :)

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
How Do We Eat An Elephant?

One bite at a time!

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Cleaned out two drawers last night and reloaded them neatly...

Did I mention yet that when I washed my kitchen curtains they turned pink?

Apparently the red pillowcases I washed them with were not done relasing dye - even though I've washed them MANY times before this...

The curtains aren't a pretty pink either...kind of sickly looking...{sigh}

Merry

MHH Member
May 2, 2008
Oh AuntJamelle I am so sorry about your curtains! I know you are working so hard to make everything look clean and beautiful. I don't know any tricks for rising them out. If they are white, maybe you can use a rise agent for white clothes. I did see something like that once when I wanted to brighten up my sons white shirts. He took them to college with him and I don't know what he did to them. I never got a chance to try it. I was aftraid they were too far gone... I'm happy for you that you got 2 draws done!! I still have yet to do mine. I must do it tomorrow...

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Thanks, Merry! :) They used to be a pale green - I'm thinking they are beyond hope now...

HOWEVER, I did have another panel that used to be up over the kitchen sink that I might be able to cut down to fit the kitchen door window (where said pink curtains now are hanging LOL)

Will have to see if I can find them!

Didn't get much more accomplished on HGP for Kitchen or Pantry last week - will carry over to this week!