Week Eight - Family Space Week

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

kringle

Premiere Member
Sep 9, 2011
I think I'm on track with what I need to be doing. I did get alot of craft projects crossed off my list which feels good.

HHP
[x]shampoo couch & loveseat
[x]organize tv cabinet
[x]reorganize dvds
[x]buff arm chair
[x]tidy bureau
[x]deep clean living room
[x]keep looking for white elephant gifts
[]choose photo outfits
[]choose holiday outfits
[x]buy another of the WoW gifts
[x]start addressing cards
[x]mix up one batch of cookie dough
[x]make & freeze white chili
[x]prep & freeze one crock meal
[x]buy canned goods

Last edited:

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
kringle,

I love your list!!

How are you going to reorganize your DVDs?

Ours are a mess and I am not sure what to do with them other than to keep the door of the TV stand closed so I don't have to look that them!!

kringle

Premiere Member
Sep 9, 2011
I got a couple of cd cases that I've put the dvds in. I've divided them into categories like classics, chick flicks, Veggie Tales, etc so we can find what we're looking for. The dvd boxes are stored in the garage so that when we decide we're done with a movie we can put it in it's case and trade it at Bookmans. At least, that's the theory. We've gotten a couple of new ones and sombody around here hasn't been too careful about putting things where they go so the system is in need of an update. We used to have dvds jam packed into the cabinet which made it hard to find a particular movie and also held the heat around the electronics which is not very good for them. This has really worked well for us.

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
My goal this week is not to fall behind like I did last week. :D

My family space is small, so not a lot of cleaning, but I do have to move some furniture and do a good vacuuming and mopping.

I have to organize the DVDs in the entertainment center and go through the books on my bookshelf. I also have 2 pictures hanging that need to be taken apart and cleaned and dusted. The fingerprints are on the inside of the glass - now, how did that happen? :D

I have 6 cards to make this week - this is top priority. I hate falling behind on my cards.

I have 2 appointments that need to be made, but need to wait on my job situation. As soon as I know what is happening with that, I can book massage appointments and the kids' pictures.

Creating a holiday housework plan and filling in the chore checklist will be a big help especially if I am working over the holidays.

Decorations for Halloween are up!! :D

Here's hoping for a productive week.

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
The Christmas cards for family are all made!!

The cards for the MHH exchange will be store bought. I have to get them out of the tote they are in.

So happy these cards are made. Now I just have to write a message inside, include a letter if we are doing one and a picture of the kids.

Cindasnow

Retire Member
Nov 6, 2007
I am so far behind but it will be okay. I am just going to jump back in and see what I can get done.

My list for this week:
()Clean off desk
()clean off card table
()straighten and clean bookshelves
()Small chest & book basket
()fireplace
()mantle
()Behind & Under COuch
()end table
()tv table
()Under and behind recliners
()Clean floor
()Glass Doors
()Mirror

Hoping to catch up on laundry and my bedroom as well

kringle

Premiere Member
Sep 9, 2011
Mel- Good job on the cards! Now, do you get the massages, or give them?

Cinda- You can do it!

I'm doing okay on my list. Things keep coming up to distract me but I still have half the week so I still have hope. This is a week my hubby's home and I have a hard time getting anything on my lists done when he's here- he has his own ideas on what needs to be done and likes company while he's doing it.

I'm using today as an errand day so I can check a few things off before meetings this afternoon. Have a great day, all!

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
kringle,

I get them not give them.

I am planning on doing my cleaning assignments tomorrow afternoon.

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
Finally got everything dine this week.

DD organized the DVDs today. She typed out a 3 page list of all that we have.

Smart kid.