Week of May 19-25th

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
Once again it's time to share those weekly lists and see how much we can accomplish!

Here's my list:

[X] Parent Teacher Conf. Tuesday
[X] DD well-baby Tuesday
[ ] Try to finish Eat, Pray, Love
[ ] Clean bathrooms
[X] Plant herbs in back (waited too long, think they are dead)
[ ] Plant Caladiums in back
[X] Laundry (bedding)
[X] Clear some clutter from bookshelf

Mine is relatively smaller than in past weeks because my semester ended on Saturday. I have two weeks to do whatever I want without having to worry about deadlines or homework! :flower: I plan to read as much as possible and do "fun" things when the opportunity arises.

Let's see those lists......

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Good Luck to everybody with their lists!

(X ) Whole house blessing & yard work - 19th
(X) Write & fax letter requesting permission to close street for block party - 19th

(X) Attend Graduation & Luncheon (get cash for card) - 20th No, it is on the 22nd
( ) Put up signs for Block Party on telephone poles - 20th

(X) Distribute more invitations & notices for Block Party - 21st
( X Buy drinks for Block Party - 21st

(X) Yard Work - 22nd
(X) Buy food for Block Party - 22nd

(X) Begin Rudy Day Weekend - 23rd

(X) Block Party (if no rain) - 24th

(X) Rain Date for Block Party - 25th
(X) More Rudy Day Weekend - 25th

jackfrosty

Santa's Elves
Congrats, Mrs, Soup!
Have fun, SparkleNana!

{ :flower: }Summer Clean Living room/dining room
{}Sew Dollclothes
{}Paint stairwell/hallway
{}Sunday paint @ niece's
{ :flower: }Work on blogs
{ :flower: }Celebrate Rudy Day
{ :flower: }Declutter
{ :flower: }wax
{}inventory pantry and freezer and do menu and shopping list
{ :flower: }work on evening habits(making lunches) to make mornings easier

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Anybody else joining in this week? It's fun!!! :argh: No, it IS fun!!!

Yesterday was a 10% energy day for me (after the Sunday night party here). HOWEVER - my husband cleaned out his entire office!!!!! :party: Bags and bags of trash (BIG bags) went out the door. He said he was "waiting for inspiration but it wasn't coming." I got him a timer and gave him the Flylady and Friends-of-the-Organizer-Lady idea of "setting the timer for 15 minutes, working as fast as you can until the timer goes off, and then quitting." I was not nagging. I had a casual - "here's one idea that works for me" tone of voice. He tried it. HE LOVED IT!!!!! :pink: :pink: :pink: :pink:

I noticed that he wasn't stopping. I went to the door of his office and said "You can stop, you know." But he didn't want to stop. He was so HAPPY that the 15-minutes with timer idea "got him going". WOW!!!!!

Now the hallway is full of things that I have to find a home for. No problem! I'll move them into my holding area of the guest room/office! My Memorial Day Weekend Rudy Day workspace. My husband's office looks so light and spacious. No surfaces had been visible for a long, long time! Now, there are clean surfaces everywhere!!! It feels as if his office might float up into the air! It is wonderful!!!

Remember -- a victory for one of us is a victory for all of us!!!!! Lets all take this energy lift - and just enjoy it! We are such a darling group! :grouphug:

FrostyShimmer

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
I love the timer idea! I get distracted so easily. I can go in my office to tidy my books and my husband will come in hours later and find me on the floor knitting a sweater while listening to a French learning CD - the room messier than it was before I started "cleaning." I'm thinking 15 minutes of undivided attention would probably accomplish more and still leave time for my odd multitasking hobbies.

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Don't you love it that we get a brand new week EVERY Monday - to start fresh? Soon - our new week thread will go up. Will you put just a little goal on the thread? :grouphug: