Weekly Craft Challenge - 06/08- 06/14

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Dreamer

Retire Member
Oct 29, 2007
Lawton, Oklahoma
> Spend 1 hour this week working on gifts from your gift list.
> Sepnd 15 minutes working a craft for yourself.

FrostyShimmer

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
Hmm....pick out paint colours for every room in the house....or atleast narrow it down to top 5. That's kinda crafty, right?

Finish baby blanket for friend due in 2 weeks.

Finish hat with pull down face protector for Mom's Christmas present.

Dreamer

Retire Member
Oct 29, 2007
Lawton, Oklahoma
frostyshimmer, I'd say that picking out paint colors is kinda crafty, it's the beginning stages of a "crafty type project" :grin:

holidaymama

Retire Member
Oct 15, 2007
Well if painting a room is crafty then I am done for the week ;-)

We just finished our craft room!!!! I am so super stoked to have my own space to craft! Yes it still has a bed in it for our craft room but it's all mine!!!!

We painted the walls a color called Autumn Bronze it looks like a dark pumpkin color...how fitting right :slap:

I have everything organized so I can sew and craft!!! I told my husband it sure is nice to not have to sew on our little freezer that was in our extra bedroom in our apartment...we just moved into a new house in March.

Anyway, I can't wait to get sewing...I will be thinking of many new projects!!!

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Way to go Holidaymama!!!!!! You will be a crafting fool, with all your space! We have a craft room and my DD graduated from college a few weeks ago so she really needs to clear the table off!

Twinkle

Retire Member
Oct 25, 2007
OOhhh a craft room that would be lovely!!

With carpooling I am hardly home (leave house around 8 get home about 9) so i am falling behind on crafts :frown: This week I am at VBS so won't get much done but my goal is to round up fleece blanket supplies (rotary cutter, cutting mat, scissors, painters tape and the material of blanket want to do) I also need to buy new blade. This may take awhile since I don't have a clue where it all is and some are MIA. So this week I hope to round this up so next week I can hopefully do one. Yes a designated craft room sounds wonderful.

Dreamer

Retire Member
Oct 29, 2007
Lawton, Oklahoma
How's everyone doing this week with their crafts?

I'm slowly moving but need to pick up the pace or I wont be done in time.

Twinkle

Retire Member
Oct 25, 2007
My goal was one blanket a month and did not do one in May and June is half over so yeah I need to kick into gear or will be having some late nighters- however, My dd is starting kindergarten in mid August and I will have Tuesday morning to myself and hopefully maybe get some things done--

pattycakes

Retire Member
Nov 4, 2007
shutterbugsmd.blogspot.com
I've been hit-or-miss with crafting while school was in session, but we got out Thursday!!!!

Last Sunday I "finished" granny squares for a UFO afghan...one for DS16 that I began when he was 7 or 8. I spent an hour finishing the squares. I spent 1 1/2 hours beginning the assembly tonight while waiting for storms to arrive and realized that he's grown A LOT in 8 years. :haha: So I'll continue assembly, but will need to add squares to make it man-sized.

So yay! 2 1/2 hours on a UFO this week! :applause:

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
I went to Jefferson City, MO with my daughter for her to take a test and I got all my material marked and cut out for some quilted star balls and even got one half done. About 9 left to do.

Twinkle

Retire Member
Oct 25, 2007
I did buy a new blade and rounded up all things needed- does that count?? Now if I can only find the time to work on them

Snowbelle27

Santa's Elves
Oct 13, 2007
West Midlands, UK.
Not doing very well at all with the crafting so far this year. Am hoping the CIJ will get me going.

:haha: