Weekly Craft Challenge Oct. 12th-18th

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
I know KimD has alot going on at this time, so please remember her and the family in your prayers for their loss.

Thought I would go ahead and post it. I think the thread helps people--even tho if we don't accomplish any on our list, I know it keeps me thinking of WHAT I need to be doing!

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Re: Weekly Craft Challenge Oct. 12th-19th

I need to work on:

( X) Items for the 12 days of Christmas About 80% DONE!!!!

( ) Purchased the pillow forms last nite to do Christmas pillows. My instructions are for like 14",16" or 18" and I went with the travel size so will have to try to adjust size.

( ) Got material to do some sweatshirts for my nieces and a few others

( ) Got the rest of the backing and batting for a small quilt

( ) Have to decide on the ornaments that I will make (usually try 4 to 6 new ones for about 12 people)

( ) Need to try to do 3 Christmas stockings (had the material for last year also but..)

Now my problem is that my DD (21) has decided to do quilts for Christmas so she will be at the sewing machine. She hopes to do 3 Kings and then like a throw. She has GOBS of material so told her that would be a GREAT way to use it up. Maybe I should look into another machine for just basic sewing.

I AM THRILLED THAT SHE IS TAKING AN INTEREST!

Pam Spaur

Premiere Member
Jul 17, 2008
Muncie, IN

Don't know how crafty this is, but I would like to find an elf for DGS. I told my DD about it, and she thinks it is a cute idea. So, I need to do some crafty things to welcome the elf.

:bigsnow:

wadeallie

Premiere Member
Nov 26, 2007
Central Vermont

I have a big quilt guild meeting on Saturday where I will be teaching a workshop on pin cushions and needle books, so this week I want to do a variety of examples to show the "class", and then afterwards I can use them for Christmas gifts for my quilty friends. So..

( ) Make 2-3 felt needle books
( ) Make bottle cap pin cushions
( ) Make 3 lollipop pin cushions

( ) Etch glass rolypoly candle bowls for gifts
( ) Etch glass candy dish with snowflakes
( ) Make more homemade cards for Christmas card swap

BamaMom

Retire Member
Sep 13, 2008
Anniston, AL
www.slumberpartiesbytif.com

This is such a great idea, I need someone to keep me on target. What is the 12 days of christmas and the 24 days of christmas I have been hearing about? We need some new traditions and things to try!!

Tiffani :hat:

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
The 12 days of Christmas is a thing that I joined where you have to make 12 items (all can be the same or different--just homemade and does not have to be a Christmas item) and then you send them in and she will send back 12 items and you open 1 a day until Christmas. Joined this back in July.

The 24 day thing--I think or the way I do sometimes is you wrap an item a day up and have it on a poster or in sack with the number on the gift and the kids or whoever open 1 gift a day until Christmas!

Wadeallie, wish I was closer and would attend your class. I really would love to learn quilting. My DD is actually right now behind me working on sewing scraps together and hoping to piece together some quilts for Christmas and tie them.

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
Just moving my list over here. Lana thank you very much. I know only one thing for sure will get done for sure this week and its the picture boards. I really want to get at least one skelton done also this week. Just because we want to finish decorating the yard. Also it helps my youngest dd keep her mind off her greatest great grandpa (what she always has called him). She is having a hard time so thought it would be fun if we did a craft together.

Things that have to get done:
picture boards for grandpas services (cousin and I)
/Emma's blanket(while sitting at sons football practice)

Halloween Stuff:
Make 3 milk jug skeltons
Paint and decorate halloween tree x2
start on kids costumes once they give me final ok

Other stuff as I have time:
Put together and start decorating gingerbread house
snowmen garland
8 scarfs
Start looking for fleece for 8 more blankets
1st Plastic Canvas Village
/Country Cottage(base done)
/Mountain Chalet(almost done)
/Folk Town House(just need to glue on roof and chimmeny)
Tudor Half-Timber
Suburban Bungalow
Gingerbread
Oak Tree
Fence
Cafe' & Post Office
Antique Shop
Candy Store
Crafts Shop
General Store
Library
2nd Plastic Canvas Village
Coffee Shop
Flower Shop
Fire Department
Pet Shop
/Barn(just have to glue on roof)
Grocery
Salon
Garage
School

Also need to look thru master list to add and delete where needed

wadeallie

Premiere Member
Nov 26, 2007
Central Vermont
Lana:
Check your library for any of the "QUILT IN A DAY" collection. Eleanor Burns knows her stuff! That's how I first learned. I wanted to learn so much and no one in my family quilted, then I saw Eleanor on tv and I bought the Log Cabin book and finished my first baby quilt in 24 hours. Hah! Then it took me 3 months to mail it off because I was so shocked and pleased to have made a quilt, I just couldn't part with it!! lol

Winged One

Retire Member
Sep 2, 2008
Fluttering happily in the clouds!!
This week, I am still working on scarves #7 & 8. #8 is going well - I did another 2' last night. But scarf 7 is not getting enough attention as I am too busy at work to do anything at linchtimes (I am working through lunches these days). Hopefully I can bring thta one with me when we are travelling at the weekend and work on it in the car (I am not the driver!!).

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Trying to finish DN's crochet frog this week. .+ have to start & finish the Halloween projects too!

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Have finished my nephews and his GF's cookbook. Hand wrote over 30 and copied 4-6 of my favorites. Glad to have that done! Wrote out my cards last night for the swap here and for the 12 days of Christmas that I joined.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Oh Lana! good for you!!! I think the cookbook will be put off 'til next year as things are going now! :frown: